First Time Spirit Cruisers,Cabin Question

Hemib

My Wife and I are taking our first cruise April 10 on NCL Spirit.

We booked an inside stateroom and we were assigned Cabin 4481,

Category L . On the deck plan this appears to be an outside cabin.

Will it have a porthole or window? Also what does category L mean?

If anyone can give us any info good or bad it will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!![We are soooo excited! : ) ]

It's an interior cabin. As you'll notice on the deck plans, the edge of the cabin does not align with the ship's edge. You'll have a great cruise anyway!

The Spirit is such a nice ship. Beautiful asian decor. A smaller and different, but very personable ship from other NCL ships. The Spirit is, I believe, the only ship that doesn't have the small refridges in each room. Take a cooler (fold up type if necessary) and your room attendent will be glad to keep it filled with ice for you. A lovely place to sit, drink, and watch the world go by is the Galaxy of Stars lounge, top forward. It's called the Spinaker lounge on many of the other ships. Hop on your nearest elevator bank and you'll be right there. Although my wife and I must have a balcony cabin, my friend who is a veteran cruiser never, never gets anything but an inside cabin. He said he and family only use it for sleeping and changing and then are out on all the public areas of the ship all day and evening. And...insides stay very dark for peaceful sleeping. If you want to see way too many unedited pics of the Spirit, go to following. If not, wait and be surprised. You'll have a wonderful time...but caution...it's addicting.....

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/roganderson60/Spirit/?start=all

Welcome to Cruise Critic .

4481 is in the bow of the ship. The bow has the most motion . You will hear the waves slap the ship and the anchor at tender ports.

I would try to get another cabin. Category K is the same price with better location.

Did you use a T.A. on an N.C.L. P.C.C. ??

Welcome to Cruise Critic .

4481 is in the bow of the ship. The bow has the most motion . You will hear the waves slap the ship and the anchor at tender ports.

I would try to get another cabin. Category K is the same price with better location.

Did you use a T.A. on an N.C.L. P.C.C. ??

I agree with the above. I noticed that K category cabins 5051 and 5551 are still open on deck 5, same price as the deck 4 L cabins. I would call whoever see about moving up to one of those. Those are a better location and would be quieter from ship noise, and a little further back from the motion of the bow..

Thanks for the idea. I booked thru TA and paid in full.Who

Do I call to see about changing cabins,TA or NCL?

Thanks

Your TA. They should be very proactive in getting that done for you. It being your first cruise, they should make you happy and look for repeat business. I usually do my own leg work in planning my cruises, find a room I like, then tell my TA what I want and to see if they can do better than NCL a bit on price. They usually do. Anyhow, TA should be able to change it for you with so many rooms still available.

Thanks to all of you for your GREAT advice!! Got on the phone to TA

And within 30 minutes she had contacted NCL and they offered to move

us from cabin 4481 category L to cabin 11079 category ll for no charge. New

cabin is located under pool area but TA said is very quiet late night-early AM

It is also midship and closer to the "action". My wife and I couldn't be more

pleased!!!! Big Thanks again for helping a couple of rookie cruisers!!!

Our only problem now is waiting for April 10th, wish it was TOMORROW!! :)

Make sure and come join our Roll Call for April 10th on the Spirit! You will find the thread under the Roll Call section of the forums.

That's a good location. You've got BA balcony cabins directly across your hall. You're pretty much mid ship. Any pool deck noise does quiet down later in the evening. You will be much, much happier in this cabin than down on the forward deck 4. Congratulations. Now hurry and get your cruise done...because we are going out on our next on the day you arrive back...Pearl though instead of Sprit. I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but the Spirit's first 6 hours or so are extremely interesting as you go down the Mississippi , through the delta country and out into the Gulf. Get youself a good seat up in the deck 12 forward lounge and just watch the small communities float past until it get too dark.

Thanks for the great pics roger001. You have gotten me even more excited about my June cruise.

You're welcome. It's terrible waiting, isn't it. And for HEMIB...you're probably getting tired of this "free advice"...but one last thing. It took me two cruises before I discovered this, but....IF...IF while you are on this cruise and you think you will cruise again with NCL within four years, purchase the $250 future cruise credit. It's only available while you are on the ship. Although your final bill on this cruise will be charged this extra $250, you will get back an immediate $100 on the bill in the form of on board credit. However, for the next cruise, you will get a full $250 credit towards its price and that $250 certificate that you will receive will act as the total deposit required for that next cruise when you book it. It's a good deal. Ok...I'm through.

Great pictures, Roger. Your closet pictures reminded me of the small number of hangers on my Sky cruise last year. I'm planning on only taking a carryon suitcase again on this year's Spirit cruise. Will there be plenty of hangers? Thanks.

Great pictures, Roger. Your closet pictures reminded me of the small number of hangers on my Sky cruise last year. I'm planning on only taking a carryon suitcase again on this year's Spirit cruise. Will there be plenty of hangers? Thanks.

I don't really remember. We had some hanging clothes with us so had extra hangers already. We're able to drive to New Orleans instead of flying, so can carry a bit more conveniently.

• 3 months later...
We were in 4479 and it was very noisy with the waves hitting the ship. Try to get a cabin on another deck.

We're in 4479 in July, can you describe the room at all or by chance have any pictures?

Was in 4479 in 2009 and have just posted the pictures on another thread. These outside cabins are very noisy as you will hear the wave hit the side of the boat. In fact, I am a very light sleeper and sleep with ear plugs but the motion/noise still bothered me.

For my Oct cruise, I am on deck 6 which should be better.

Archived