fuel surcharge for Carnival

ahutchins9

I paid for our cruise about 2 weeks ago. Since then gas has obviously gone up but I think it was already over the $70.00 per barrel when I paid for it. Will I still be charged the fuel surcharge and if so when will I find out?

If/when Carnival adds the fuel surcharge, the boards will light up like Las Vegas....

Yes, all will pay the charge - even if you've paid in full. The ticket contract outlines the process. You will be charged right up to boarding the ship if they do it.

I'm surprised they haven't....except that cruise prices have gone up so much the last year or so....

I believe when I booked a couple of weeks ago I was told by the Carnival rep that if crude goes over $100/barrel, then the surcharge will be added. And as we know, we have passed that point. UGH. I sail in two weeks.

Can anyone confirm?

The rep knows no more than posters here, if they actually did know, then they would not be allowed to tell you inside info.

Archived