how bad is it back of boat?

kdh12345

I am book on the ecstasy carnival cruise in room U221 and U216 which are in the very back on the upper deck which is 3 decks from bottom. How bad is this location? I have awlays been in the front or midway. Will have have problems hearing the motor where it where keep me awake?

Thanks

We were the last cabin on the bottom deck of Triumph and I was surprised how noisy it was.

You will surely still feel a vibration 3 decks up ...but it will not be as noisy. Its like a humming you can feel with your feet. You probably will easily tune it out.

I am book on the ecstasy carnival cruise in room U221 and U216 which are in the very back on the upper deck which is 3 decks from bottom. How bad is this location? I have awlays been in the front or midway. Will have have problems hearing the motor where it where keep me awake?

Thanks

We had those cabins on the Paradise..same class ship as the Ecstasy. No noise!

We had an aft room on the Fascination and there was no noise at all. I agree that maybe this has something to do with the class of the ship.On the Triumph we were in the very back of the aft dining room by the window and it was very noisy and had ALOT of vibration:eek:

I have had several aft rooms on Inspiration, a sister ship. I found some trips were noisy while others weren't. The last room I had squeaked and creeked the entire cruise. I really don't like having the upper berths sticking out so if you watch TV you'll hit your head if you're not careful.

Thanks

We had the last three cabins on the M deck on the starboard side. I didn't notice a thing.

Thanks

We were in U239 last May it's one of the aft balconies. (great view of the wake when sailing!) Only noise we heard was when the ship would slow down to pull into a port you'd get vibration. But it was a nice wake up call to get ready for the day. Other than that it was one of the quietest cabins we've had.

Photos of cabin

http://www.********************/view_room.php?r_id=6612

We had U206 on the Fascination and I didn't notice much noise or vibrations. My Mom did notice noise and vibrations when we came in to port in Nassau and when we arrived by in Jacksonville. Not strong enough to knock anything off the walls or off the desk.

We had an aft room on the Fascination and there was no noise at all. I agree that maybe this has something to do with the class of the ship.On the Triumph we were in the very back of the aft dining room by the window and it was very noisy and had ALOT of vibration:eek:

Agree! The back of the Triumph tends to wallow. So much that on bad sea days it made the back dining room uncomfortable for me, and I don't normally get sea sick.

Elation on the other hand, where we had a cabin 3 from the back, was a smooth as could be.

Had 6th floor aft on the Dream in Jan. I don't think we had much vibration. But my friend got a jolt when about 7am they dropped the anchor for Belize. Tehe. She has been on 25 cruises and didn't realize that. The anchor drop causes pretty noticeable vibrations and noise, but nothing worse than turning up the bass in your car probably.

We have cruised twice, both times on the Glory. The first time we picked cabin 2470 because it looked larger that the regular oceview cabins: it had to large windows, and it was definitely large as it was kind of like a corner room. You definitely feel the vibration, especially when coming in and out of a port. These is also the boise, humming constantly. I was fine with it, but was afraid my wife was going to hate it. She loved it !!! The vibration and noises put her to sleep, go figure. We liked it so much that the second time we went on the Glory we got cabin 2473, which is the same cabin except on the opposite side.

My friends were in the back of the ship on the Spirit on I think the 6th floor and it was very rocky! We always stay mid-ship because several people in our group get sea sick. My friend was in her room for 10 minutes and was sick.

Archived