Just back CB 2/20-2/27

cruisinleelee

We had a wonderful experience aboard the CB. Our stateroom was C415- great balcony, midship. I'll give a brief synopsis- please feel free to ask any questions.

Embarkation- a breeze. Arrived at the pier around 11:30- on board by 12:15 give or take.

The ship is pretty- no big wow factor for us though. Understated elegance describes it best. Never felt crowded. No problems with AC, or the mattress. No cigarette smell in the cabin and no real issue on the balcony (barely a hint on 1 or 2 occasions)

Food- MDR was really very good!! Considerably better than Liberty of the Seas. Pizza was great (as a New Yorker I know my pizza!), chicken salad at the IC was all folks said it would be. I was impressed by the size of my lobster tail on formal night. Coffee was not a problem for us although the coffee from the IC was certainly better and reasonably priced (never did bring my coffee maker).

Dress Code- People seem to dress up more on Princess than on RCI. I saw gowns (!!) on formal night, tuxes, suites, cocktail dresses. Not one person that i would consider under-dressed. On casual nights I thought many people dressed to the nines as well. I did see a few blue jeans but never shorts in the dining room.

Entertainment- comedian and comic magician were terrific. Very funny!! We did not see any production shows. MUTS was a nice option. We saw 2 movies- Wall Street and Secretariat. Volume a bit loud but tolerable.

Disembarkation- also a breeze. We were off the ship at 10:30 and in the airport having lunch by 12noon.

Overall, we loved this cruise. This was our 2nd time on princess and we will cruise with them again without a doubt.

I have 1 complaint and it's kind of a big deal...the sinks in the ladies public restrooms were always broken:(. I don't mean a sink here or there, I mean every ladies room I went into at least 1 if not 2 sinks had a sign on them that said "not in use". 3 stalls, and only 1 sink makes for long lines:eek:. One night I went into the restroom near Explorers and NO SINKS were working! They had pop-up wipes for us to use. It was the craziest thing!! My husband came across 1 broken sink the entire week- I never found a restroom with all sinks operational:confused:. Meanwhile everywhere you go you see "please wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and water"...I'd love to, but...:D. I asked a girl at customer service if there was a plumbing problem. She said no but if the batteries need to be changed on the sensors then they won't work:rolleyes:. They either have to hard-wire the sensors or hire a better battery guy. The sink in our stateroom worked fine.

So that's it folks...ask away!!

Thanks for the review. We are considering the Crown so interested to read that it was a good experience!

The Crown is a great ship, but it looks like they just got off the Carribean princess.

;)

We had a wonderful experience aboard the CB. Our stateroom was C415- great balcony, midship. I'll give a brief synopsis- please feel free to ask any questions.

Embarkation- a breeze. Arrived at the pier around 11:30- on board by 12:15 give or take.

The ship is pretty- no big wow factor for us though. Understated elegance describes it best. Never felt crowded. No problems with AC, or the mattress. No cigarette smell in the cabin and no real issue on the balcony (barely a hint on 1 or 2 occasions)

Food- MDR was really very good!! Considerably better than Liberty of the Seas. Pizza was great (as a New Yorker I know my pizza!), chicken salad at the IC was all folks said it would be. I was impressed by the size of my lobster tail on formal night. Coffee was not a problem for us although the coffee from the IC was certainly better and reasonably priced (never did bring my coffee maker).

Dress Code- People seem to dress up more on Princess than on RCI. I saw gowns (!!) on formal night, tuxes, suites, cocktail dresses. Not one person that i would consider under-dressed. On casual nights I thought many people dressed to the nines as well. I did see a few blue jeans but never shorts in the dining room.

Entertainment- comedian and comic magician were terrific. Very funny!! We did not see any production shows. MUTS was a nice option. We saw 2 movies- Wall Street and Secretariat. Volume a bit loud but tolerable.

Disembarkation- also a breeze. We were off the ship at 10:30 and in the airport having lunch by 12noon.

Overall, we loved this cruise. This was our 2nd time on princess and we will cruise with them again without a doubt.

I have 1 complaint and it's kind of a big deal...the sinks in the ladies public restrooms were always broken:(. I don't mean a sink here or there, I mean every ladies room I went into at least 1 if not 2 sinks had a sign on them that said "not in use". 3 stalls, and only 1 sink makes for long lines:eek:. One night I went into the restroom near Explorers and NO SINKS were working! They had pop-up wipes for us to use. It was the craziest thing!! My husband came across 1 broken sink the entire week- I never found a restroom with all sinks operational:confused:. Meanwhile everywhere you go you see "please wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and water"...I'd love to, but...:D. I asked a girl at customer service if there was a plumbing problem. She said no but if the batteries need to be changed on the sensors then they won't work:rolleyes:. They either have to hard-wire the sensors or hire a better battery guy. The sink in our stateroom worked fine.

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts7observations.....:)

Bob

I wondered back in January why some weren't working...never dawned on me that they use batteries.

Did they have any way to crack those lobster claws? I read that they do not have lobster crackers or scissors.

Also did they have Miller lite in the 12 oz cans?

The waiters remove the shell from the lobster & the prawns they served on formal night. The Baked Alaska parade is just not the same with the fake flickering lights ...

Thanks for posting this...I will be on The same ship in 2 weeks, on the 20th...

A couple questions:

1. what nights are formal nights?

2. Someone mentioned seafood buffet...do you know when and where?

3. Did you go to the piano bar at all? And if so, who was the Piano player and was he entertaining (big crowd participation)?

Thanks for taking the time here!

Hi Cruisinleelee,

We didn't spend much time together but it was nice to meet on board. I hadn't really thought about it but you're right about the sinks in public restrooms, I also saw a lot of signs saying "not in use".

I'm afraid I disagree with everyone about the chicken cashew salad - way too much mayo for me but there were plenty of other good things to choose from.

You got a couple of questions about the seafood buffet and I can help with those. It's the first night and there was lots of wonderful seafood. The lobster claws were no problem, they were cut so that the meat was easy to access - no crackers needed.

Archived