Family Oceanview Cabins on Voyager Class - Questions

I've been searching the threads and can't get the info I'm looking for. I want to book a FOV cabin on Explorer OTS.

If you've sailed in a Family Oceanview cabin....

1) The separate sleeping area - is it actually bunk beds, or 1 bed and a pulldown bed?

2) Some said depending on the deck, some cabins are a little bigger. Which are the best.

If you have any pictures I would love to see one. I don't care what ship, any voyager class would be fine.

Thanks in advance. I don't usually post questions, but can't find what i"m lookin' for!

:D

My family, wife, college age daughter and myself, had a Family Oceanview cabin on Mariner several years ago.

The separate sleeping was bunk beds. It was kind like a large closet with a curtain for a door. There was enough room to stand between the bed and the curtain. It was perfect for our daughter, she used the top bunk for her clothes and closed the curtain for a changing room.

Not sure about the size depending on location. We were on deck 7 at the front of the ship, not sure if there are any that aren't at the front. The room was large with 2 windows, 2 chairs, and a sofa. Even though there were just 3 of us, it was very nice to have the extra space and not have to deal with a sofa bed or a pulldown.

I do have pictures but not on this computer. I will try to locate some and post them.

Thanks for the info; my biggest concern is getting a concussion the bunk beds.

I usually travel w/ my husband, but want to do a cruise w/ my parents and thought this might be a reasonable solution.

I'm kinda tall, so I'm scared about the whole bunk bed things... I have visions of sleepaway camp w/bunks right on my nose.

Lol.

Would love to see pics if you have 'em, if not, no worries.

Thx for the info

Our tablemates were in one of those rooms, and they liked it. I know the bunks were "real bunks".

I don't remember the numbers of the larger rooms, but I know you can figure it out from looking at the deck plans -- they're all far forward. The size difference is significant.

I considered getting one of these rooms for our last cruise (us + 4 teenaged girls), but when I compared costs I found that it was much cheaper to get two connecting rooms. The connecting rooms option also provided two bathrooms. Of course, this varies, so it's smart to compare.

Thanks for the info; my biggest concern is getting a concussion the bunk beds.

I usually travel w/ my husband, but want to do a cruise w/ my parents and thought this might be a reasonable solution.

I'm kinda tall, so I'm scared about the whole bunk bed things... I have visions of sleepaway camp w/bunks right on my nose.

Lol.

Would love to see pics if you have 'em, if not, no worries.

Thx for the info

i believe we we had the FOV on deck 8 or 9 of Mariner.. just two of us in the cabin. we booked it because i snore. it was bunk beds and i'm 6'1". no problem. lots of open space in main cabin.

Archived