Blue Lagoon Excursion in Nassau

JennLuvs2Cruise

I figured I would ask here since this board is much more responsive & active compared to the ports of call board.

So who has been to Blue Lagoon? How was your experience? I am looking to do something new in Nassau since Cabbage Beach is temporarily closed due to erosion. I was planning on booking the lunch beach break to Blue Lagoon through Carnival for convience. Any reviews would be much appreciated :D

We were there in November. They we doing some construction at the time but should be finished by the time you cruise. Blue lagoon was beautiful and relaxing. I loved the boat ride over there. We booked though blue lagoons web site and saved a lot of money. Very easy to book and do on our own even though it was our first cruise.

We did this excursion as well in November, booking through Blue Lagoon. I would do it again. The information on Blue Lagoon's website is pretty accurate. My husband and I especially loved the hammocks -- we both took a nap in one! The ride over and back was very pleasant. You can walk and look at the dolphins & sea lions, there is volleyball, chess, an inflatable water park (extra charge) for the kiddies, mats and inner tubes, clean bathrooms, a gift shop, a bar... you can go look at my photos from that day on Flickr as well. Just be warned, I take a TON of photos. :D There are pictures of the food pavilion as well.

Was just there with my 10yr son back on Feb 2nd, it was a blast and you can book it on your own cheaper. We did the Dolphin Encounter and Carnival didnt offer it due to Atlantis. Last year(2010) my wife and i did the Dolphin swim at Atlantis and it was nice but very pricey!! My choice is Blue Lagoon. very nice and private and quiet!!!

Well i dont know if they sell them for that day on site at the ferry terminal over on the Paradise Ferry Terminal..($4 cab ride to get there). You can goto there website. and check. I know they do sell out alot esp. if its in good weather season! check there website out

Hey I was gonna just wait and see what I felt like when we get in Nassau, is there a reasonable way to get to Blue Lagoon the day we arrive?

Since you are apparently going during high season, I suggest you don't wait until you get to nassau for anything that you'd like to do.. Things sell out months in advance, especially blue lagoon and other premier tours.

You'll be their during spring break.

As for how to get there.. it will depend on who you book thru.

Either way, you'll need one of their ferries, as it's located on a private island, accessible only by Dolphin Encounter ferry boats.

Times, schedules and costs can be found at;

www.dolphinencounters.com

We went there a few years ago. We even loved the boat ride there and back. It's beautiful and the dolphins are incredible. My Grandson still talks about this as the best excursion ever. Photos and videos are pricey and they don't allow you to take your own, but honestly, that's the only negative thing. Beware that the floors in the bathrooms are very slick when you are wet and have just left the dolphins. You'll have a great time!!!

We were on this excursion last week that we booked thru Carnival.

Here are my opinion's:

The Good:

Beautiful lagoon

Pretty cool boat road although a little crowded

We bought the food option and had a burger, chicken, salad, rice and beans and one cup of juice, it was a rather decent meal.

Pretty clean

Lots of chairs and hammocks

Felt very safe and secure

The Bad:

They are expanding the island and some machine was spewing sand in the lagoon and the surrounding area, this made snorkeling terrible (this was the main reason a family of five, 46,46,17,17 and 10, went on the excursion)

The generator for the island is very loud and can be heard in most of the common areas.

We thought kayak's, inner tubes and the entire play area was all inclusive, they are an additional charge. I will take the blame for this because I didn't ask but to me it was disappointing.

Staff did not seem to know what was going on

The ugly:

The bottom line is that they are ruining the reef with the expansion of their beaches/island. The lagoon is a milky color and windward side of the island is the same.

We did not do the dolphin encounter but I have seen better set ups on other islands. We have made a complaint to Carnival because imo, this should not meet the standards of a company who claims to be a "green" company.

I would not do this excursion again and would not recommend to a friend.

stu

Not happy to hear about the changes being made....

But in 12/2009, we spent the day at BL. We booked directly with them on their website. Had no problems at all. They say we had to make our way to their "terminal" on paradise island, but as we got closer to the date, they "upgraded" us to get picked up at the pier we were docked at. Someone from BL met us as we debarked from the ship and everyone walked together to the boat that took us to BL. Very nice ride, seemed to go on forever, but the views were priceless.

We did the dolphin swim while we were there, exceptional experience. We would do it again.

Then we spent the remainder of the day on the beach and in the lagoon. One of the most beautiful beaches we have ever been on. The water was warm and clear in the lagoon. wonderful. Saw a few fishes, but very little sea life to snorkel for any reason though. But it is not why we were there. They had a nice bar by the beach. The hammocks were nice to nap in too. We brought our own 'picnic' that we smuggled, so we did not try the food there - only the drinks...

All in all, we would spend another day at Blue Lagoon - even if it was just a beach day, without swimming with the dolphins.

Good Luck and Enjoy!:cool:

I figured I would ask here since this board is much more responsive & active compared to the ports of call board.

So who has been to Blue Lagoon? How was your experience? I am looking to do something new in Nassau since Cabbage Beach is temporarily closed due to erosion. I was planning on booking the lunch beach break to Blue Lagoon through Carnival for convience. Any reviews would be much appreciated :D

Been there 3 times in past 16 mos . Book it yourself , not off the ship. cab to Paradise Island ferry terminal is $5. When you return STAY ON THE BOAT from Blue Lagoon Island. It takes you right back to the cruise ship!

http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/

Been there 3 times in past 16 mos . Book it yourself , not off the ship. cab to Paradise Island ferry terminal is $5. When you return STAY ON THE BOAT from Blue Lagoon Island. It takes you right back to the cruise ship!

http://www.bahamasbluelagoon.com/

Looking for an education. Can you please elaborate on "It takes you right back to the cruise ship". And if we want to spend extra time on Blue Lagoon Island, does it matter if we use the Excursion or do it on our own? I am referring to the Dolphin Swim. I did book it as a Shore Excursion on NCl Gem in April. Thanks in advance.

Looking for an education. Can you please elaborate on "It takes you right back to the cruise ship". And if we want to spend extra time on Blue Lagoon Island, does it matter if we use the Excursion or do it on our own? I am referring to the Dolphin Swim. I did book it as a Shore Excursion on NCl Gem in April. Thanks in advance.

We're looking to do the same, on Gem arriving to Nassau April 20. I booked sealion adventure though NCL, now thinking of cancelling and booking just beach day direct with BL. Wondering about the transfer times if I book direct. Looks like three boat transfers each way based upon Blue Lagoon website but not sure if I can count on being on any of them specifically?

The last ferry off of Blue Lagoon Island is at 4 pm each day. It stops first at Paradise Island Ferry Terminal and lets off the hotel guests. They will make an announcement to cruise ship passengers to stay on the boat. After all of the hotel guests have exited the boat will then proceed to the cruise terminal with the cruise passengers.

I would reserve the dolphin encounters online because of space availability. The tickets for the beach day can be purchased either online or at the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal. I have always pre-purchased online. The last time I was there in Nov the ship I was on changed the itinerary around due to weather and it was no problem at all to change the booking. I called from FL the day we left (when they made the announcement) and everything was taken care of. I just purchased the beach day for myself and my grandson for March 24 and it was $45. adult and $35 child. I think it is $79 each (no child discount) to book it on the ship! I take the cab over. Cabs are available in teh building at the cruise terminal. Allow about 45 min because most of the cabs are mini vans and they dont leave until they are full. This is not too much of a problem though because most people are going to Atlantis, which is the same cab. It is only about a 10 minute ride across the bridge. Only thing is the ferry terminal stop is after Atlantis since it is located on the side of the bridge that returns to Nassau. It is $4 and I usually tip $1 per person. Overall I still save almost half by booking it myself. . Hope this helped.

We just booked the sea lion encounter directly with them as Carnival did not offer this one. I had put in their "form" for reservations and then read on the boards a post from January stating that a date in May was sold out so I called to see what was the status. She started to say that they were sold out for when I wanted it, but then seemed to be moving someone around or something and came back saying that we were confirmed. We are looking forward to this. Hopefully the ship will be on time and it will work out fine.

The last ferry off of Blue Lagoon Island is at 4 pm each day. It stops first at Paradise Island Ferry Terminal and lets off the hotel guests. They will make an announcement to cruise ship passengers to stay on the boat. After all of the hotel guests have exited the boat will then proceed to the cruise terminal with the cruise passengers.

I would reserve the dolphin encounters online because of space availability. The tickets for the beach day can be purchased either online or at the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal. I have always pre-purchased online. The last time I was there in Nov the ship I was on changed the itinerary around due to weather and it was no problem at all to change the booking. I called from FL the day we left (when they made the announcement) and everything was taken care of. I just purchased the beach day for myself and my grandson for March 24 and it was $45. adult and $35 child. I think it is $79 each (no child discount) to book it on the ship! I take the cab over. Cabs are available in teh building at the cruise terminal. Allow about 45 min because most of the cabs are mini vans and they dont leave until they are full. This is not too much of a problem though because most people are going to Atlantis, which is the same cab. It is only about a 10 minute ride across the bridge. Only thing is the ferry terminal stop is after Atlantis since it is located on the side of the bridge that returns to Nassau. It is $4 and I usually tip $1 per person. Overall I still save almost half by booking it myself. . Hope this helped.

Thanks for the info; very helplful.

Hit a snag....Our ship (Carnival Fascination) doesn't arrive until 12:30 so looking at their to/from schedule will have just about arrived when we will have to leave - crap!

Our boats depart for Blue Lagoon Island at 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Our boats depart from Blue Lagoon Island at: 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.

Or is there a boat that goes back LATER than 4PM???

Just a heads up on the photos.........we were there last week and did the 2 p.m. Dolphin Encounter. The lab did not get the photos for our Encounter up until almost time for the 4:00 ferry. There was some confusion as to where/which ferry we could catch back due to rough water so I opted to wait until I returned home to view/order our photos; if you do this you have to pay tax as well as SH on your order. My choice, but I could have saved a few $$$ by purchasing the pkg. at BL.

This question is for anyone who has swam with the dolphins. Do you walk into the water and swim to the dolphins, or are you brought to the location by a boat? I ask because DH isn't a good swimmer, but he wants to swim with DD and myself. I've tried to view videos, but haven't found any that show the whole excursion.

Thank you for your help.

Archived