Voyager Aft Cabins?

Have a Europe cruise booked on the Voyager in May. Booked 2 Junior Suites and one E1 Balcony. But now I see that the aft cabins are somewhat obstructed by those metal "rings" on the back of the ship.

How bad is it--does anyone know?

We were on deck 10 aft on the EOS and it was quite nice! The balcony was covered but I didn't mind the rings on the back. I loved the privacy and how quiet the hallway was.

This site has pictures of many rooms- voyager-class dot com.

Have a Europe cruise booked on the Voyager in May. Booked 2 Junior Suites and one E1 Balcony. But now I see that the aft cabins are somewhat obstructed by those metal "rings" on the back of the ship.

How bad is it--does anyone know?

It's not something to worry about. The view is still fantastic...and many will tell you the aft cabins are very much sought after locations.

Enjoy your cruise.

Deck 6 JS's took forever to sell out on our MOS med cruise. The view sucks as you look out on a sea of steel decking even before having to look through the steel lattice. Also the crew rest area is down on deck 5 and you will hear them.

I had a deck 7 aft corner (7688) on Mariner and loved the view from there. On the 2 aft corners on deck 7 you have the circular cut out as the side of your balcony so you have a view to the side as well as aft. I have the same cabin booked on Freedom (leaving in 5 days!!:D) I attached some of the photos I had on my work computer, don't know if they will help you. I agree that you don't want the aft cabins on deck 6.

PICT0654_edited.jpg.8b4aa440bd01d87149570eebd8dcfdad.jpg

PICT0072_edited.jpg.9a44a195f10ea3486755e6d7ae433319.jpg

PICT0394_edited.jpg.106d1cfabd86693c5eca316f2310e92f.jpg

PICT0650_edited.jpg.100fca6a0648d7167c9ae3566590f814.jpg

PICT0395_edited.jpg.62b101ffaadbef0770dd78a26b0a1027.jpg

It's not something to worry about. The view is still fantastic...and many will tell you the aft cabins are very much sought after locations.

Enjoy your cruise.

We have the JS AFT on deck 10 booked for our B2B and can't wait to sit out there & enjoy the views.

Pat

Marilyn - You mentioned that you're booked in a JS on deck 10 on the Navigator. I see in your sig that you're sailing on the NOS in April. What's your sail date???

My daughter, a co-worker friend and I are sailing on the NOS April 14 and on Saturday I switched our hump balcony cabin to a Cabin 1694 - on Deck 10!

I've always been a dead-center hump cabin person but I wanted to do something to make our cruise super special, so I booked the aft location. TO my surprise, I did some research and discovered that Cabin 1694 is a much-coveted location!

Let me know if we're on the same sailing!:)

Marilyn - You mentioned that you're booked in a JS on deck 10 on the Navigator. I see in your sig that you're sailing on the NOS in April. What's your sail date???

My daughter, a co-worker friend and I are sailing on the NOS April 14 and on Saturday I switched our hump balcony cabin to a Cabin 1694 - on Deck 10!

I've always been a dead-center hump cabin person but I wanted to do something to make our cruise super special, so I booked the aft location. TO my surprise, I did some research and discovered that Cabin 1694 is a much-coveted location!

Let me know if we're on the same sailing!:)

It's a good thing we are not on the same sailing....I am also in cabin 1694. I am sailing on April 9 and will be leaving that room as you are checking in...;)

I will try to post from my phone while we are sailing....I will let you know how the room is.

This is actually a good thing to know. In case I leave something in my room, I know who to contact!

Have a great cruise.

Marilyn

Cindy,

I, too, didn't know this was a coveted balcony. My DH and I planned this vacation last minute and booked it right at final payment. This room must have just been released and I held it until my TA could pick it up, which gave me some time to make the decision to go. I am glad we are going.

Marilyn

Archived