Rough Seas

Bradpinksc

Has anyone been on a cruise to Bermuda in May. I understand the seas are very rough that time of year. Do I need motion sickness patches.

No one can tell you if you are going to be sick on a cruise. If you think you might need them, take the patches or whtever your remedy of choice is.

We never had any rough seas going to Bermuda. If you have never been to Bermuda, you will love it. It is not like the Caribbean at all. The Bermudians do not bug you as soon as you get off the ship. You can actually go to the beaches, and no one will try to sell you anything. It is the most beautiful place I have ever been. Hope you have a wonderful time. I have been 2 times on a cruise to Bermuda, and flown there 2 times. It is like no other island. The water might still be a little chilly, but you will still enjoy your time in Bermuda.

I have never cruised Bremuda in May but I did in early Sept. It was the worst waves I have ever experienced. (I have been on over 15 cruises) The captian came on the loud speaker before we left Bermuda to warn everyone of the bad seas we will experience. I took a Dramamine before leaving port and I was OK but, I didn't eat dinner and I slept most of the time. My mom and sister was up in the shops and a large display case with perfume on it fell and luckly no one was injured but, the gift shop workers had never seen waves as high. It may have just been the time of year but, the next time I went to Bermuda I stayed on the island. No more cruises to Bermuda for me.

Thanks everyone that gave me their thoughts. I will take stuff with me just in case. I got sea sick when we went to Caribbean from Charleston in January05. Very rough seas till we got down past Florida. About 75% of the ship got sick then, even crew.

Archived