Experiences on Amazon River Cruise

Skeezics

In the US, if you qualify, after an assessment by the a doctor at a registered (CDC site will show where these are located) US YF vaccination center you will be issued a YF exemption certificate. You are issued the same yellow card goes in back of your passport, as if you had the YF shot but on the card is a stamp saying EXEMPT. For this Amazon voyage and the last segment of 2013 WC voyage (many unusual Africa ports that require a YF cert (e.g. Benin, Ghana, Limbe) wife will get the YF shot while I will get a YF exemption certificate since for the last ten years I cannot take a vaccination of any type (had an allergic reaction to the Army's annual flu shot in Dec 2002)

I do have the yellow health dept immunization record card with the doctors notations plus a letter. The clinic was a travel health provider It is dated 2008 so I better check with SS to make sure it is adequate. Thanks for the information. Ive got a year to get it worked out. At least my Brazillian Visa doesn't expire until Jan. 2014.

Our paperwork, issued on 27th September from Silversea in the UK says:

All guests must have an International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever, proir to embarkation. Guests must carry this certificate with the rest of their travel documents

The blurb at the top also says :

If any guest fails to obtain and to have such documents, that guest may be denied boarding & accommodation by Silversea or the guest may be disembarked during the voyage.

I didnt ask about any waver to this rule as it doesnt apply to us, but you must check first direct with Silversea what they say - and get it in writing!! I wouldnt go via my TA - I would email SS direct.

I would be so disapointed if we couldnt go...

Thanks for the additional information. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Update for you all ref Yellow Fever Jabs

We disembarked the Cloud last Tuesday - Nov 22nd. At no point were we asked about YF docs. Not even when we entered the US in Miami having flown direct from Manaus in Brazil - a so called yellow fever zone.

Not that I would advocate skipping the jab - just info for all of you travelling to the Amazon.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived