Please check your cruise reservation!!!

I checked today and my cruise was $50 less!!

I called and RCCL adjusted my reservation and I saved $100

Good for you! I booked mine, and then two days later, it went up $250 pp! :eek:

I was a happy camper!

Mine has gone up by over $600 PP! I'm VERY glad that I booked when we did during that last WOW sale. We probably wouldn't book it at the current rate because it would leave us with very little "fun" money. We also wouldn't have been able to book our first balcony at the current rates.

Because I'm a teacher, we can only travel during peak travel times. It seems as if any cruise during the months/weeks that I can travel only goes up in price. In my case, booking early seems to be the only way to go (though I do envy those of you who can travel during non-peak times and get great deals!).

How do you check to see if price has gone up or down for your booking? Thanks! :)

It used to be easy, but they have made it a little more difficult now.

If you know what your cruise fare was when you booked........do a dummy booking. By that I mean go through the motions on the website like you are booking the cruise you are on. Click on the same cabin category and then compare your cruise fare with what is showing on the internet. If it's lower, call RCI/TA for a price adjustment.

You can do this up until final payment if you booked your cruise on/after May 17, 2010. After that, you are out of luck.

Did you call RCCL and have them raise your booking by $500?

No, I'm saying that had we booked only a couple days later, we would have had to pay an extra $1,000 for the four people, just the get the same exact cabins. I'm happy because we booked before the price went up.

Oddly enough, we booked airfare yesterday and it went down today. :confused:

My cruise is $200 less but I am in final payment so I get nothing:mad:

Our cruise had two price drops. First time we got an OBC (it was before final payment) and the second time (after final payment) we were upgraded from inside to oceanview.

You should call RCI or have your TA call if you used a TA.

Originally Posted by abhb viewpost.gif

My cruise is $200 less but I am in final payment so I get nothing:mad:

I have heard that you might get OBC in this type of case- wouldn't hurt to check with your TA or RC.

I have heard the same thing. If after final payment you should get an OBC.

sorry new here..what is OBC???

You are required to have an "account" while you are "on board" from which to pay everything from ... drinks, gifts, etc. They give you a card to use like a credit card because they don't accept cash or credit at the individual stores. Thus you have an "on board account," OBA. You have credit from the cruise company or elsewhere you have "on board credit," OBC. Sometime you get it as a gift or incentive to book from the cruise company or elsewhere. In this case they are talking about a refund that is credited to your OBA before you board. It's a good thing. :D

It used to be easy, but they have made it a little more difficult now.

If you know what your cruise fare was when you booked........do a dummy booking. By that I mean go through the motions on the website like you are booking the cruise you are on. Click on the same cabin category and then compare your cruise fare with what is showing on the internet. If it's lower, call RCI/TA for a price adjustment.

You can do this up until final payment if you booked your cruise on/after May 17, 2010. After that, you are out of luck.

Thanks Patti for the information. I have just booked my cruise.

Has RCI changed their policy for cruises booked after May 17 2010, where they no longer do adjustments (if before final payment) or OBC (after final payment)?

Thanks!

on board credit:D

You are required to have an "account" while you are "on board" from which to pay everything from ... drinks, gifts, etc. They give you a card to use like a credit card because they don't accept cash or credit at the individual stores. Thus you have an "on board account," OBA. You have credit from the cruise company or elsewhere you have "on board credit," OBC. Sometime you get it as a gift or incentive to book from the cruise company or elsewhere. In this case they are talking about a refund that is credited to your OBA before you board. It's a good thing. :D

thank you..I might have figured that one out if i tried alittle harder:rolleyes:

So am I understanding this right, if you book a cruise, as I am looking for late April, and the price goes down at ANY point before your cruise, you can get money back???

So, I booked after May, 2010, the price has dropped, I don't want an upgrade, I haven't made my final payment - am I eligible for OBC or a price reduction?

On the FAQs for Best Price Guarantee it reads only price drops within 48 hours of the reservation (which was months ago for me).

I'm so confused. :confused:

Archived