Beaches in Nassau, St. Thomas & St. Maarten

Well since the ports of call boards can sometimes be a bit slow.. I figured I'd ask here! I'm visiting these ports for a second time, and I'm looking to enjoy time at the beach at all three ports. My son will be joining us again so we are looking for a clean, beautiful family-friendly beach for these ports.

For Nassau, I'm interested in Blue Lagoon. Has anyone been? Did you like it? Is there a beach in Nassau that you love instead?

For St. Thomas, I'm interested in Megan's Bay Beach.. Has anyone been, what did you think, different recommendations?

For St. Maarten, I'm interested in French Beach.. Though I haven't researched into too many of the other beaches so I'm not sure what my options are exactly.

Overall.. Any recommendations to any of these ports would be fantastic!

Well since the ports of call boards can sometimes be a bit slow.. I figured I'd ask here! I'm visiting these ports for a second time, and I'm looking to enjoy time at the beach at all three ports. My son will be joining us again so we are looking for a clean, beautiful family-friendly beach for these ports.

For Nassau, I'm interested in Blue Lagoon. Has anyone been? Did you like it? Is there a beach in Nassau that you love instead?

For St. Thomas, I'm interested in Megan's Bay Beach.. Has anyone been, what did you think, different recommendations?

For St. Maarten, I'm interested in French Beach.. Though I haven't researched into too many of the other beaches so I'm not sure what my options are exactly.

Megans bay is a gorgeous beach we love it and an easy cab ride.

St Marten we like Orient beach and also an easy cab ride

Go to port of call pages for more info.

Don't remember the name of the beach we went to for Nassau.

St. Thomas- Took a ferry to Trunk Bay on St. John. Amazing! Beautiful!

St. Martin- Orient Beach on the French side. Very pretty and fun. We rented jet skiis here. We love Friendly Bar. You may see some topless people there and even an occasional nudist from a nearby resort. Fyi, because I know you are going with your family.

In addition to Orient beach (which is very nice) you could also take a short ferry rife over to Pinel Island.

A caution about Coki on St Thomas - it's our favorite beach on St T, but they are doing a lot of renovations and as a result it's pretty messy right now also bathrooms are porta pottys, lots of construction and random junk laying all over (we were just there in Jan) not sure how long it will take to be back to "normal"

I have never heard of French Beach in St. Maarten or St. Martin. Many other great beaches including Mullet, LeGallion and Pinel Island.

What is family friendly to you?

If topless women and/or possible nudity bother you, then DO NOT go to Orient beach, Pinel Island or any beach on the French side of St. Martin.

The Dutch side is calmer and while you may encounter topless women there will not be too many.

I don't mind nudity. It's a part of life & I doubt my 21 month old son would be frightened by a nudist, LOL.

And for the person who asked about French Beach.. It was an excursion through Carnival called "French Beach Break". But from the pictures, it looks like Le Galion.

I've been hearing raving reviews about Orient Beach so I think we may visit that beach, seems that they have a lot to offer.

I don't mind nudity. It's a part of life & I doubt my 21 month old son would be frightened by a nudist, LOL.

And for the person who asked about French Beach.. It was an excursion through Carnival called "French Beach Break". But from the pictures, it looks like Le Galion.

I've been hearing raving reviews about Orient Beach so I think we may visit that beach, seems that they have a lot to offer.

With a 21 month old go to Orient Beach on St. Martin then. Beautiful is all that can be said.

Just returned from cruise and St. Thomas. I would not recommend going to Coki Beach. While the water was very nice, the rest of the beach was not so pleasant. The place was a mess, very crowded with both tourists and locals. Lots people trying to sell us things while we were on the beach. I was not at all comfortable at this beach. No bathroom facilities, paid $1 to use the bathrooms at the Coral Museum because the portable bathrooms were just disgusting. I would not take a chance on buying any food there as everything looked very dirty. We had a great day on St. Thomas but the beach was disappointing, wish we went to one of the other beaches.

Just throwing in my 2 cents.

At St Thomas we have been spending our beach days at Emerald Beach on the Crown Pointe side of Charlotta Amalie. It's by the airport with 2 hotels on the beach. I believe the cab ride is $4/person and they drop you off at the Best Western. There is always a cab waiting to take you back. We learned about this beach from the locals who stay away from Magens, Sapphire, etc. It's very relaxing and not crowded. Both hotels have beach bars/restaurants and the staff have been extremely friendly.

In St Maarten, we have been to Orient Beach. While it is considered a topless beach, just be warned that the French side is populated by many French retirees who go topless or nude. Unfortunately we saw many sights that have been burned into our memories forever; too many people that shouldn't be topless or nude are and vice versa. The beach, however, is absolutely beautiful. On the Dutch side, check out the Divi Little Bay Beach Resort. At one time Carnival had excursions here; I don't know if they still do. It's website says that it is on a private peninsula, but I do know that ship passengers used to take cabs there to spend the day.

I went to Coki beach in 1983.

It was nice and kind of rural, but that was the "olden days".

On a recent trip on a tour one lady wanted to go to Coki and the rest were going to Emerald.

The parking area at Coki was kind of iffy looking.

I was really surprised at the changes in the area.

There were a number of men standing around.

Just standing around, you know, drinking beer and whatever.

Money and "whatever" were being exchanged.

The lady who wanted to go to Coki refused to get out of the van.

I don't know if this is typical at Coki and this is just what I saw.

Orient Beach is the most beautiful place I have ever seen.

The place looks photoshopped.

Amazing.

We were at Orient Beach last May - absolutely loved it - would go back in a heartbeat!

I have also read some safety concerns about the area of Coki Beach and ride nearby.

Would recommend Magen's Bay in St. Thomas - very beautiful. Great lagoon for swimming.

I think I have only been to Orient and one other on the French side of St. Martin - I forget the other name. Both were nice.

I am not familiar with Blue Lagoon in Nassua. Went to the public beach to the right of the Atlantis - it was nice, steep slope down the beach into the water, water was nice.

Trunk Bay on St. John (off the coast of St. Thomas) is absolutely like postcard picture! It frequently shows up on travel show's best beaches segments.

The pics I posted below don't even do it justice. Just amazing!!!!!

100_0109.jpg.d2c08673319f604700bef218dc9aee03.jpg

100_0114.jpg.5ac3cf2364063e242135612a91eaf9ae.jpg

100_0134.jpg.f76d97d08b20ac495d4883d6cb26150c.jpg

Archived