Dawn obstructed view stateroom 8562

versuco

This is one of the basically unobstructed obstructed cabins. The lifeboat is smaller there and doesn't impede your view. If it's a lot cheaper than a regular ocean view I'd take it. We were in 8070 a couple of years ago and it is the 4th back on the other side. We were about half obstructed but could see clearly forward. We thought it was a great cabin. One thing to remember. If it is before the drydock you'll be over Dazzles I believe and that can be noisy.

Thanks, Goodml - I was hoping the view wasn't too obstructed. Doesn't matter much about the noise from Dazzles, we are early risers and late to bed when we cruise.

Still hoping to hear from someone who has actually stayed in the cabin.

I stayed in 8096, and a warning about this category of rooms which I didn't realize even after looking at the deck plans. Because these staterooms are set in overlooking the promenade the hallway on deck 9 is actually over the rooms, and this hallway appears to be the perfect place for people to run up and down and it is very loud. The walls seem to be quite thin as well as you can hear normal conversation through them and if you are leaning on the wall and some hits it on the other side you can actually feel the wall move.

Thanks for the input Darren. Noise is not really an issue for us unless it is between the hours of 1 AM & 7 AM. Hopefully not too many people will be on the promenade during that time! Was your view really obstructed?

We're in 8088 in a few months, didnt worry about obstructed because all we want the window for is light-but is it really a bad view? I am now a bit concerned about the noise, I thought I had looked at what was above and below and there wouldnt be any issues-did I miss this?

We were in 8078 for 14 nights, and didn't have any problems with noise (I am a light sleeper). We had about half a view from our window. Also, there is a small walkway outside on deck 8 that workers will use, and sometimes they will be outside your cabin. Just keep that in mind, and if changing, remember to close your curtains!

Thanks for the info Debbie. Good to know about the walkway outside the room. We will definitely have to remember to close the curtains when we are changing:eek:!

Still looking for someone who has stayed in 8562 for first hand information about the cabin.

I am going to be in one of the HC cabins, 8628 or 8626(not sure which one) and it has an obstructed view.

We are saling in a few weeks and just upgraded to an obstructed view cabin. We usually get a balcony cabin, but decided to use the extra money for more excursions. The prices on ocean view dropped and we just could not resist upgrading. At least we will have natural light. It looks like we should not have much of an obstruction with this cabin.

It looks like we keep missing each other, we sailed on Norwegian Sun in December!

We hope we made a good choice of cabins, neighbors only on one side.

mbisson posted this in 2008

"I just got back from the Dawn (had an obstructed view cabin). Ours was 8562. We had been informed that it was 0% obstructed and that was true...however it's next to some sort of maintenance shop so it was noisy at times in the evening. The cabin next to it (I'm told) is also an unobstructed cabin but classified as obstructed. I think it would be a better choice. (the two comparable cabins on the other side of the ship are also suppose to be unobstructed)"

Hope this helps. :)

Joyce

Thanks Joyce - this is the kind of information I was looking for. Is the noise just early in the evening or does it last until late at night? We won't be spending that much time there, but would like it to be quiet between midnight and 7AM. It's good to hear there is no obstruction:)!

Thanks for the input Darren. Noise is not really an issue for us unless it is between the hours of 1 AM & 7 AM. Hopefully not too many people will be on the promenade during that time! Was your view really obstructed?

Just to be clear, the noise isn't from the promenade but from the hallway on deck 9. Because the obstructed view cabins are inset. The running was from 5:00 AM until around 2:00AM (obviously not nonstop), but we were on a cruise in August so there was a lot of children aboard.

If the noise won't bother you then you are good to go, enjoy the cruise!

I am going to be in one of the HC cabins, 8628 or 8626(not sure which one) and it has an obstructed view.

Do you know if either of those 2 rooms is fully or partially obstructed? Window or porthole?

• 2 months later...
Can anyone who has stayed in this cabin give me any information about it - good or bad?

Thanks

We just got done with the Pearl and 8056. Obstructed yes, by a life boat but u could see if it was light or dark outside. Or you have a view on days they use the boat to tender. Once there was a crew man outside the window to our surprise, just hosing things down. I think, hehe. At night, the outside lights are pretty bright. Curtains cover nearly all of that.

Archived