Carnival Ecstasy -- Suite with a Pole in the Room?

Ship Addict

I was on a group cruise last year and one of the couples that booked a suite got a room with a pole right in the middle of it. Now I have another friend that wants to book that same cabin on our group cruise this year. Problem is, they can't remember what cabin they were in and the travel agent isn't answering me.

Does anyone know of a SUITE on the Ecstasy with a pole in the room?

well the thing is, this person is not a "cruiser." I seriously doubt she was ever in carnival.com longer than it took to do her booking passes and she has promptly forgotten her logon and password. I asked her to look just to cover my bases, but I'm not really anticipating much of a response.

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with carnival.com not getting anywhere in my search. Seems that they make all kinds of other notes about every individual cabin on the ship, such as which ones have obstructed views, which ones are close to a disco, etc., but they don't mention anything about a giant pole smack in the middle of the cabin.

I thought it was funny when the person at Carnival told me she toured that ship and they didn't mention anything about a pole in the cabin. Duh. Do you think they're going to show you the less desirable cabins? The tour only lasts for an hour. They can't show you EVERY cabin!

We had a Cat 12 (I think they are called Ocean Suites now), they are on the Upper Deck.

Yes, it had a Pillar in it. Then there was a sheer curtain to pull to create somewhat of a divider between the bed and sofa area.

EDIT-We had U87

All the GS cabins on the Ecstasy have the pole. It's towards the end of the bed, and there is a curtain you can pull across to separate the head of the bed from the sitting area.

2931991920064365838S600x600Q85.jpg

2157084050064365838S600x600Q85.jpg

All the GS cabins on the Ecstasy have the pole. It's towards the end of the bed, and there is a curtain you can pull across to separate the head of the bed from the sitting area.

2931991920064365838S600x600Q85.jpg

2157084050064365838S600x600Q85.jpg

I don't even want to think about the pole dancer who fits THAT pole! :eek:

I don't think the pole in the GS is what they're talking about. I've seen a pic of the pole in a regular cabin and it's just a plain square pole -- like it's there for structural reasons or something. It's not decorative at all.

Archived