Tiny Carnival Pools?

pcmodhouse

Why would a cruise ship company not put bigger pools on the ships? You're in the middle of the ocean surrounded by water and the weather is great. Then you really want to jump in the pool, but alas, it's 12' x 12' and there's 60 people in there already shoulder to shoulder!:mad:

Carnival_Fantasy_4187.JPG

It would actually be the best if they had a lazy river that went around the whole ship instead!:eek:

Im always amazed at how large pools and hot tubs are on RCL compared to Carnival. Carnival's are just to cool off. People say Carnival has the slides. As far as all ships having 3 or 4 nope, some Carnival ships dont.

I took this pic of one of the adult hot tubs on RCL in the adults only area, and inadvertently got a picture of a baby..RCL cheerleaders claim I doctored this pic, but its real.

Picture236-1.jpg

this is just half of the pool deck on a ship that holds fewer people than conquest...I couldnt get both pools in the pictures...plus all those large hot tubs. This is looking out the window of the lounge during our CC meet and greet.

Picture198.jpg

Carnival folks make fun of RCL for spending so much building those ships ..but they are pretty nice to be on.

Not only the weight bearing down, but I would also suspect the sloshing of the water from side to sid in rough seas could be problematic for stability.

In any event, I, for one (and I know I'm in the minority here) wouldn't mind just hot tubs. I have never gone into one of the pools. I'm not that type so the smaller pool means bigger deck which is alright with me :)

I'm sure if Carnival was in the business of building huge floating shopping malls with a population of a small town in New Jersey, they'd build huge hot tubs and pools too. When you can't easily see the sea from most points on the mall, you need to have some water features to remind folks they are really on a cruise.

Most Carnival ships have more than 1 or 2 pools. They are not made for jumping, doing laps or practicing for the strong man contest..... Plenty for most who want to enjoy the pool area.

I'm sure if Carnival was in the business of building huge floating shopping malls with a population of a small town in New Jersey' date=' they'd build huge hot tubs and pools too. When you can't easily see the sea from most points on the mall, you need to have some water features to remind folks they are really on a cruise.

Most Carnival ships have more than 1 or 2 pools. They are not made for jumping, doing laps or practicing for the strong man contest..... Plenty for most who want to enjoy the pool area.[/quote']

No offense, but Carnival has ships with capacities of small towns too. 2900-3000 passengers is a lot. All of the pools I've seen on other lines are larger than the pictures I've seen on Carnival so don't knock other lines just because their offerings are nicer than Carnival. Like I said before, I could care less about the size of the pools but it was obviously a conscious decision by Carnival to make them smaller (which is fine by me, more deck space).

No offense, but Carnival has ships with capacities of small towns too. 2900-3000 passengers is a lot. All of the pools I've seen on other lines are larger than the pictures I've seen on Carnival so don't knock other lines just because their offerings are nicer than Carnival. Like I said before, I could care less about the size of the pools but it was obviously a conscious decision by Carnival to make them smaller (which is fine by me, more deck space).

bwahahaha No kidding! I grew up in a town that had a population of 550...so yeah, those ships hold entire cities worth of people!

I was surprised at how tiny the pools were, too. Like you get 10 people in them and they're crowded. :confused: Never understood that, and for that reason, I never went in them.

I'm sure if Carnival was in the business of building huge floating shopping malls with a population of a small town in New Jersey' date=' they'd build huge hot tubs and pools too. When you can't easily see the sea from most points on the mall, you need to have some water features to remind folks they are really on a cruise.

Most Carnival ships have more than 1 or 2 pools. They are not made for jumping, doing laps or practicing for the strong man contest..... Plenty for most who want to enjoy the pool area.[/quote']

Surprise!!! the exact same company runs the shops on both CCL and RCL, and CCL's shops are also indoors with no windows.

I wonder what made you hate RCL?

Why would a cruise ship company not put bigger pools on the ships? You're in the middle of the ocean surrounded by water and the weather is great. Then you really want to jump in the pool, but alas, it's 12' x 12' and there's 60 people in there already shoulder to shoulder!:mad:

Carnival_Fantasy_4187.JPG

It would actually be the best if they had a lazy river that went around the whole ship instead!:eek:

Do you have any idea how much water weighs?

OP- I like your lazy river idea. :D

Firefly- Those pools and spas look nice!

They are nice. The best though are the hot tubs that are cantalevered over the side of the ship on the Freedom and Oasis class.

OK, it's nearly a floating city. I really don't think a larger pool would make a big difference. They should at least merge the two small pools into one. There are tons of places were they could cut back the weight to offset the larger pool.

I'm still thinking the lazy river is the best way to go

Any pics?

I was on Liberty of the Seas, (a newer Freedom class) so it had them. It also had these nice swings on both sides of the ship in the serenity area I liked to sit in and watch the ocean slide by.

Those hot tubs looked great though. I wish now I had taken pics.

Dream has them that hang over, except Carnival put them on I think its promenade deck ..so the balconys above them lose a lot of privacy. The ones on Freedom class are up high... on one end of what on carnival is the lido deck.

I was on Liberty of the Seas, (a newer Freedom class) so it had them. It also had these nice swings on both sides of the ship in the serenity area I liked to sit in and watch the ocean slide by.

Those hot tubs looked great though. I wish now I had taken pics.

Dream has them that hang over, except Carnival put them on I think its promenade deck ..so the balconys above them lose a lot of privacy. The ones on Freedom class are up high... on one end of what on carnival is the lido deck.

They sound awesome!

Archived