Azamara Journey 5/1

flydc

My partner and I are heading out on the Azamara Journey from Pireaus to Rome on May 1st ...

What should we expect? Are they 'family' friendly? I know it will be an older crowd (I think?) on the ship. Anything for us to consider in advance?

Appreciate any insights!

Looking forward to a relaxing vacation!

• 3 weeks later...
My partner and I are heading out on the Azamara Journey from Pireaus to Rome on May 1st ...

What should we expect? Are they 'family' friendly? I know it will be an older crowd (I think?) on the ship. Anything for us to consider in advance?

Appreciate any insights!

Looking forward to a relaxing vacation!

Hi Jeff & Rob

Nearly missed this roll-call! Saw your post on the "regular" roll-call. We are really looking forward to this cruise.

We did the Panama Canal Cruise for Christmas and New Year and really enjoyed it. We met several couples who were a lot of fun. A "Friends of Dorothy" (Azamara's description) was featured in the "Pursuits" daily on the second day of the cruise and the following day. It then disappeared for the rest of the cruise which was fine since anyone interested had already met up and we organised other get-togethers ourselves. I think it would be a good idea if you try to attend the first FOD (probably in Santorini).

There was a wide age-range and we had a fun time. We also met other couples on board who opted not to attend.

If you want any more information, just let us know. We have been to all ports of call on this itinerary.

If you want to get in touch outside the boards : brianandtony at free dot fr

All the best

Brian & Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Archived