What are timings for Princess transfer Whittier to Anchorage?

Brissle

We will be arriving at Whittier on Island Princess on Wednesday June 8th.

I read in this Forum that Princess will offer a bus transfer service to Anchorage.

Can someone please give us an idea of the timings of these transfers?

We need to be at the Great Alaskan Holidays location in Alaska ideally by about 11am (12 noon latest) to pick up a motorhome (RV) and I'm wondering what is the best way of getting there. GAH offer a pick-up from Anchorage airport, so would it be best to go there? Or would it be quicker to go into town and get a cab? What time can we expect to be off the ship?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

The buses, leave continously out of Whittier, depending on airline schedules. They start early morning, usually by 7am.

IF you need to be some where at a specific time, then you are FAR better off, arranging your own transportation. There are several shuttle service options to consider, listings http://www.anchorage.net

NO you don't want downtown. Great Alaskan is right next to the airport. You want airport transportation.

Thanks for that advice, I found a link to Purple Shuttle on the anchorage.net website and have emailed them.

I realise from reading Whittier websites that traffic flow our of Whittier is restricted by the tunnel system.

If anyone has experience of traveling with Princess cruises to Whittier, could they please advise me what sort of time we will be allowed off the ship? Do we have the option to request early disembarkation?

Thanks

Archived