Advice for Triples/Quads

prairie_cheeks

We're booked in a verandah stateroom (triple ) for the Aug 14th, 2011 Alaska cruise from Vancouver to San Francisco. Any advice re: 3 adults sharing compact space ??

The toughest thing about three adults in a Verandah Cabin is that the area between the foot of the bed and the wall can be a bottleneck. Plan around that when you decide who gets which drawers and you will have eliminated 50% of all the issues of three sharing.

Modesty can also be a challenge, because the bathroom is small enough that most people dont care to dress in it.

Suggestions:

1) Use the shower in the gym whenever you can, you'll notice that some people typically dress for the evening in the locker room.

2) Make it a point to stagger "getting ready" times, it may save your friendship

3) If it gets too calustrophobic, or, if you think that you might be seeing something that you shouldn't, go out onto the veranda for a breath of air

Have a great cruise!

Have cruised on Nautica triple share - best advice is utilise every drawer/cupboard/desk space for clothes and get the suitcases where possible out of sight. That leaves a little more room to negotiate around the cabin. Very doable, as you really spend little time in cabin. Enjoy your trip.;)

• 1 year later...

I was thinking about this topic today (Mother's Day) because we had a wonderful trip with my mother to Alaska/San Francisco on Oceania's Regatta in August, 2011. My mother died unexpectedly in February, 2012 so those days provide cherished memories.

The triple room was ideal for us. When my mother got up in the night, I was close enough to hear her stir and would get up with her to make certain she didn't lose her balance. My husband is an early riser so the use of the shower or toilet was never an issue. His early morning jogs also allowed us space and privacy to get dressed. The Regatta has good storage making it easy for the three of us to empty our suitcases ( with room to spare).

We would be happy to answer any questions about the triple accommodation (Margaret.stimson at gmail.com) and thank others for responding to ours.

Margaret

I was thinking about this topic today (Mother's Day) because we had a wonderful trip with my mother to Alaska/San Francisco on Oceania's Regatta in August, 2011. My mother died unexpectedly in February, 2012 so those days provide cherished memories.

The triple room was ideal for us.

We would be happy to answer any questions about the triple accommodation (Margaret.stimson at gmail.com) and thank others for responding to ours.

Margaret

So sorry to hear about your mother.

My question is does the sofa get made into a bed nightly and turn back into a sofa during the day? Or does it stay a bed during the entire trip? We are in a triple this coming August on the Riviera.

Thanks

My question is does the sofa get made into a bed nightly and turn back into a sofa during the day? Or does it stay a bed during the entire trip? We are in a triple this coming August on the Riviera.

Thanks

In a vista suite during the first year of Oceania's life we were with our grown daughter. Her bed (living room couch was made-up every evening and closed in the morning while we were at breakfast. Their system worked very well.:)

Thanks

She is small enough where she can just sleep on the sofa sideways and made it into a bed.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in a triple in a concierge cabin. The hide-a-bed was made up for my sister every night and made into seating every morning. She asked a comforter instead of blankets and it wasn't a problem. The only issue - the hide-a-bed blocks access to the balcony. However you can fold up the bottom part until you are ready to leave the room for breakfast. Then magically it gets fixed up!

I was in a triple in a concierge cabin. The hide-a-bed was made up for my sister every night and made into seating every morning. She asked a comforter instead of blankets and it wasn't a problem. The only issue - the hide-a-bed blocks access to the balcony. However you can fold up the bottom part until you are ready to leave the room for breakfast. Then magically it gets fixed up!

This was also our experience on the Regatta. We had a bit of a squish until we came back from breakfast to find the room restored to its comfortable, fresh condition with everything in its place.

Archived