Cruise price drop- UK specific question

Darcy15

I wish I had not looked, but I did:rolleyes:

My cruise on Crown Princess, June 3rd, seems to have a lot of cabin availability and the price differential from when I booked is staggering!!!

My booking, for a mini suite on Dolphin, was £4786

This evening, a mini suite on Dolphin is £3131 :eek:

My question is, can I cancel my booking ( I know I will lose the deposit ) and rebook at this new price? Final payment is due on 8th April.

Will I be able to rebook the cabin I already have?

Even losing the deposit, I will still save over a thousand pounds.

Any thoughts?

Hi There

The only thing to do is get your TA to call Princess and cancel and re book

pay the fine etc, (lose of desposit) now depending who is on the phone at

the Princess they can give you the same cabin,if they follow the set rules

it might go to another, but this is a chance you take, you can always look

try and get an up grade with some onboard credit, have seen others been

able to do this,

good luck,

I have cancelled one cruise and booked another because the price was so good.

yours Shogun

Thanks for the response. I booked this online with Princess, so no travel agent.

I know it's a chance you take whatever way you play it. Book early, as I did, to get the cabin you want. Then see a huge price drop. Or, leave it too late and the cruise is fully sold. Equally, I suppose on popular cruises the price could have risen as well.

Just like getting something in the shops, then it being in the sales later I suppose.

The only reason I looked is because I was on the Princess site planning to check my balance and there was a link to special offers. I was just so stunned at the huge price difference!

I may phone Princess tomorrow, or I may just accept it for what it is. It is a lot of money though:rolleyes:

This is just so bad. I would be inclined to rebook but it is def worth a chat with Princess. In the US, if you'd booked direct with them, they would give you the price drop if you called them - unless the special offer is for new bookings only though. Perhaps if nothing else they may offer some obc as a gesture of goodwill.

Hi There

As you booked with Princess direct you have a good chance,

you just need to get a TA to take over the booking.

They can give you a new price.

just find on that knows what they are doing.

yours Shogun

We've just paid the entire balance on our trip on The Crown June 27th and if the price drops now- I'll eat someones hat.

Looking at the site though it looks like all balcony rooms are sold anyway and we did get to custom choose which cabin as we were very early bookers so I guess I wont be too grumpy!!

I have lost my deposits on two cruises because of the extreme price drops just before the final payment. However, both times we have saved over £1000 - including the loss of deposit. We even were upgraded on the QM2 to a balcony - received $680 obc - and saved over £1000. What really annoyed me was when I booked very early there was no obc - then it was added - I asked my TA to request it - no can do!!! Then this balcony deal came up so much cheaper with obc!! Now I only book early if the deal is too good to miss.

Hi Darcy15

There is no charge is switching from Princess to a TA

We have often booked with Princess when New Cruises are released

then moved to a TA closer to sailing date taking rhe best rate we can find.

Just do not make your final payment or you can not do this.

yours Shogun

This happened to us twice with Fred Olsen. The first time I complained (the price had gone down about two weeks after we booked) and they reduced the price. When it happened the following year they refused to budge so I cancelled and booked a Princess cruise which was cheaper,although it was in a suite, so although I lost the deposit I got a better cabin. Since then I have not booked with Fred Olsen as this is really our only weapon.

Archived