Sunglasses~~Need suggestions

missyal

Ladies~~What are your favorite sunglasses these days? I am looking for polarized lenses first and foremost. I fell in love with some Maui Jims and Oakleys, but they are pricey. But, I know they are good quality so I may splurge and go for it Any suggestions or websites would be great.

Thanks in advance to all you savvy shoppers!

Missyal

Ladies~~What are your favorite sunglasses these days? I am looking for polarized lenses first and foremost. I fell in love with some Maui Jims and Oakleys, but they are pricey. But, I know they are good quality so I may splurge and go for it Any suggestions or websites would be great.

Thanks in advance to all you savvy shoppers!

Missyal

I love my Maui Jims, I just bought my 3rd pair!:)

I've worn Ray-Ban polarized sunglasses for years. They can get pricey, but I'm good about taking care of them and one pair lasts me a looonng time. I also have a pair of Ralph Lauren polarized that I love and were not as expensive as many of the Maui Jim and Ray-Ban styles.

Check out the Sunglass Hut website. I don't normally buy sunglasses online, but their site is a good way to get an idea of what's out there and what you like. Saves a little time and energy when you get to the store. You can get very specific with your search... for instance, select "polarized" and "women," and eliminate brands that fall out of your price range.

I love my Maui Jims. I wear the sport model which is frameless which are very very light. I have a pair that have frames and do not like them as much as they are kind of heavy. I can't believe how I can squint in regular sunglasses and somehow your whole face can just relax when you put on Maui Jims. So if you find them pricey just think how much you can save on botox from the creases you'll be preventing from squinting.

I love my polarized Oakleys. Because the polarized lenses can be messed up by salt water, I just ordered a Nine West kit of nine pairs of sunglasses from Graveyard mall. The cost 29.95. I haven't received them yet, and you can't pick out which ones. It did say that you would pretty much receive the ones like the picture shows. I figured if I got two pair that I like for that price than I will be happy. Graveyard mall is an online highly discounted site.

Over the years I've had 3 pair of Maui Jims, the last pair I dropped and stepped on accidentally. Bummer, scratched both lenses and bent the frame. I had those sunglasses for 4 years and they didn't have a scratch on them until then.

I replaced them with a different brand, same type of lenses (polarized) to save $30 or so. I am so disappointed in these glasses, just not the same as Maui Jims at all. But, with what I paid I'll put up with them for a few years.

I take good care of my sunglasses, so I don't mind paying more. I have tried on fashion designer sunglasses and while they are pretty, they just don't have the same protection for your eyes. My head is probably wider than most womens, I can never get a pair that are comfortable and I need the type with nose pads and flexible frame.

I've also had Ray bans, they were OK but I didn't like them as much as Maui Jims.

Gotta jump on the Maui Jim wagon. I have 3 pairs, 2 with tortiseshell frames, and 1 with wire, aviator style frames. I love the aviators on the beach and ship, very lightweight and cooler in the warm climate. I had LASIK surgery years ago, so polarized lenses are a must for me. The great thing about the Maui Jims is that if you ever accidentally put a major scratch on the lenses, you can send them in and just have the lenses replaced. Much less expensive than a whole new pair of glasses! My oldest pair is at least 7 years old, aviators I bought in Cayman in 3/09, and my most recent pair I got for Mother's Day last year. I love sunglasses, take good care of them, and don't mind paying for quality that will last for years with proper care. (My DH wears them as well!!)

Thank you all for the great posts and suggestions! I am a long time Ray-Ban wearer, but wanted to upgrade from the old aviator style. I take care of my glasses, this last pair is 11 years old!! I have done a lot of shopping around (including Costco and BJ's) and I think I'm going with Maui Jim. I like their replacement policy and liftime warranty.

Thanks again~~I can always count on the CC ladies!

Missyal

I have had multiple eye surgeries, so my eyes are VERY light sensitive. This is my second pair of these kind of Maui Jims. LOVE them! They make me look like a bug, but they do block out the light and are polarized. I paid full price at some mall store for the first pair (which I dropped and stepped on when they were two years old) but only $80 for the second pair at CostCo.

Robin

1396-888820-1.jpg

Archived