How do you secure your home while on vacation?

First let me apologize to the board for allowing my anger to take this off the original topic.

You cannot understand the anger and terror of a home invasion until you are the victim of one. You cannot speculate on how you will feel until it happens to you. I never thought it would happen to us.

I do not cherish the "things" in my home, I cherish my and my DW's lives. The problem is that today's criminals care nothing for your life. So go ahead, give them the benefit of your doubt, I won't anymore.

Do as everyone suggested above and take the precautions to safeguard your home.

Peace.

we 'set' our neighbor.........:)

we live in a gated community and have dogs but when we are away and our dogs are at their hotel, I know that eyes are trained 24/7 on our home........I had the repair guy out for my computer one day and as soon as he pulled up to my house, my phone rang.........it was my neighbor letting me know that a man was parked outside my house and checking to see if everything was okay...........lol

I can laugh about this but at the same time, it is kinda nice knowing that she cares........:)

Sharlene

Archived