Attraction nearby Gibb's Lighthouse?

keichman

I just booked a private taxi for our group of 7. We have quite a mix of ages and abilities. If only some of our group want to or are able to climb Gibb's Lighthouse, is there something worthwhile nearby where the others could go in the meantime?

And how long, approximately, does it take to climb, enjoy the view for a bit and come back down?

Thanks!

There is nothing really close by since it is a 10 minute walk from the bus stop. If some do not want to go up, they can walk around and enjoy the views from the ground. There is a small gift shop if you want any touristy souvenirs, their prices are reasonable, and there is also a Tea Room. As far as how long to walk up? That depends on anyone's endurance for the 185 steps.;)

http://bermudalighthouse.com/

There is nothing really close by since it is a 10 minute walk from the bus stop./

Thanks for the response...to clarify from my original post, we will have a private taxi at our disposal for those not climbing, so they WILL have access to transportation. I'm just trying to figure out whether they will have 30 minutes, 45 minutes, an hour, or even more than that.

The group that will be climbing will be in decent shape...those who struggle with endurance are those that will be opting out.

Thanks for the response...to clarify from my original post, we will have a private taxi at our disposal for those not climbing, so they WILL have access to transportation. I'm just trying to figure out whether they will have 30 minutes, 45 minutes, an hour, or even more than that.

The group that will be climbing will be in decent shape...those who struggle with endurance are those that will be opting out.

I'm in decent shape but I was wondering about my endurance.:o I did, however, walk up from the bus stop.;) I think you could safely plan on 45 minutes to an hour so maybe your driver knows some points of interest he could take the others.

Archived