Sanctuary Beach Bungalows on PC

BoardwalkBabe

I was shocked when I was on Princess Cays to see what so many think is a great deal. They are tiny shacks which have a few stairs to a porch with 2 chairs on them. Then the SMALL bungalow is about 10 X 10 MAX with nothing there. People who rented them sat on their porch. Why rent that for 199$ and some pay more to have the food brought to them.... I just do not get it.

Actually, we have no desire to impress other passengers, nor do we have an excess of disposable income. What we do have is a 76 yr old FIL who can't take the heat/sun, and a Sister in Law who has just completed Chemotherapy for ovarian cancer and needs to avoid prolonged sun exposure. Those "shacks" are air conditioned, and will enable them both to enjoy the rest of the family's company, and my FIL to watch his grandchildren play at the beach. So for us, it is a welcome and needed "luxury."

My familiy and I rented a unit on our last trip to pc and plan to do so on our next visit in Dec. The cost of the unit was split between our group, the air conditioned unit was great to get a break from the heat and have a place to sit that was confortable during lunch. the $199 was the best money I have ever spent on a cruise. Having your own waiter to bring drinks and food was also a plus, no need to wait in th elines for food, this made dining with two children easy. You alsoget priority tender to the island and no need to save loung chairs and wonder if they will still be there when you return from your swim. the bungalow includes a table with 6 chairs inside and 6 lounge chairs ourside.

Princess Cays has numerous lounge chairs, some well sheltered under the trees, out of the sun and in over 15 visits to the island I've never had or heard of anyone having their chair stolen by anyone. They allow people to hog hair chairs on the island with no time limits.

Having your own waiter to bring drinks and food was also a plus, no need to wait in th elines for food, this made dining with two children easy. You alsoget priority tender to the island and no need to save loung chairs and wonder if they will still be there when you return from your swim. the bungalow includes a table with 6 chairs inside and 6 lounge chairs ourside.

Was there an added cost to have the food brought to the bungelow? If so, do you remember how much?

A group of 4 of us shared a hut in the adult area olny, it was $250. Sure ya have a 6x8 hut , but the service was poor and it stopped at 1:30 and we were there til 3:30. So we had to get our own drinks anyways. NO BEACH in this area all rock. You had to go way down to get a beach. Rent a clam for shade and there are enought servers in the public area that they got better service than we did.

Archived