New to Princess

vegasgirl00

Hi everyone! Please forgive me if this question has been asked a million times but I would really appreciate a firm answer to be prepared for our trip.

We are sailing on the Sapphire on March 19th and are wondering if Princess has a wine or cocktail card. I see they have a soda card but have not seen anything about this one. Or, do they have a wine or cocktail package? Having sailed on HAL and Celebrity, this is something we really like.

Also, do they have beer specials? Say, a bucket of beer for a certain price? On previous cruises, they have offered beer at $20 for 5 bottles.

Thanks in advance for your responses.:D

Hi everyone! Please forgive me if this question has been asked a million times but I would really appreciate a firm answer to be prepared for our trip.

We are sailing on the Sapphire on March 19th and are wondering if Princess has a wine or cocktail card. Neither I see they have a soda card but have not seen anything about this one. Or, do they have a wine or cocktail package? Having sailed on HAL and Celebrity, this is something we really like. My experience has been that their wine pricing compares favorably with other lines wine package prices. The closest to a wine package is 3 bottles of expensive wine in a box for about $160 sold around the ship. Since it includes the 15% tip, can be consumed in the dining room without a $15 corkage fee & one of the bottles was around $135...it's not too bad when you average the per bottle cost.

Also, do they have beer specials? Say, a bucket of beer for a certain price? On previous cruises, they have offered beer at $20 for 5 bottles. Yes, they have buckets of beer for a discount & also in your cabin & the same for cans of soda

Thanks in advance for your responses.:D

Are you aware that you can bring unlimited wine & champagne onboard Princess? It's a $15 corkage fee to drink with dinner & they will keep any leftover for another time...if you drink it in your cabin there's no fee.

Hope you'll have a great 1st cruise on Princess...we've enjoyed every one of them. :D

One thing I really like about Princess & wine, DH doesn't drink at all, I like to enjoy a glass with dinner in the MDR. I order a nice bottle of wine, and they pour me what I'd like each night, save the rest for the next night. I love it, I get to try new wonderful wines & don't have to settle for "house" wine to enjoy my one glass.

happy cruising!

I've been checking drinks pricing on Celebrity in preparation for my June cruise and Princess seems to compare favorably. A martini is $6.95, a bloody Mary is between $5.95-$7.95, depending on glass size. The Ultimate Card, which includes sodas, smoothies, juice other than at breakfast and virgin cocktails is $9.95/day, which is a good deal if you are not a drinker.

Archived