Priority Embarkation for Suite guests question

So we are staying in a suite and received an email today from our concierge indicating that, among the benefits of the suite, we get priority embarkation if we ask at the port. Will this translate into priority getting our luggage?

(I hate sailaway - I'm OK on boats or ships usually, but cannot stomach - literally - seeing the land slip away while I'm standing still. It makes me soooo sick. Since I'm also an obsessive organizer, I've been happily planning to get our family settled in in peace and quiet while the rest of our party (my IL's, my MIL's sister, and my MIL's friend, in addition to my DH and our kids) watches the sailaway. I only recently remembered about the luggage not necessarily being to our rooms yet...)

I guess I could just email him back...

So we are staying in a suite and received an email today from our concierge indicating that, among the benefits of the suite, we get priority embarkation if we ask at the port. Will this translate into priority getting our luggage?

(I hate sailaway - I'm OK on boats or ships usually, but cannot stomach - literally - seeing the land slip away while I'm standing still. It makes me soooo sick. Since I'm also an obsessive organizer, I've been happily planning to get our family settled in in peace and quiet while the rest of our party (my IL's, my MIL's sister, and my MIL's friend, in addition to my DH and our kids) watches the sailaway. I only recently remembered about the luggage not necessarily being to our rooms yet...)

I guess I could just email him back...

No need to "ask" for priority embarkation at the port, just look for the signs and head there..I am not aware of any suite service that assures you of getting your luggage at a certain time...For us it has varied depending on the ship/port, whether staying in a JS,GS,OS or RFS. We have had our luggage before leaving port many times but I just considered that the luck of the draw..

You know, I hate crowds, and it is also actually quite an effort to NOT see outside on a ship unless inside. I will be perfectly happy in the suite with curtains closed, reading if not unpacking. Thanks for the info.

Archived