Easter cruise on Spirit

My family of 4 will be going on our 1st cruise leaving from New Orleans on Easter Sunday. I was told that cruise lines normally have extra activities for kids during easter week. Does anyone know if this is true?

I don't think this will be the case when the ship actually leaves on Easter.

Nita

Westbank, My family and I are getting off the Spirit the day you are getting on the ship. If you are Catholic, and they have a Priest on board, they almost always have a daily Mass. Attendance is around 10 to 30 people except Easter Service and then they have a Non denominational Service and a Catholic Mass, both standing room only. It is nice to get back to God and it does bring our family together. It is a nice way to start the day, kids are always welcome, to bad more do not attend even on Easter. Have a great trip.

Hi! I will also be on this cruise which leaves Easter Sunday, along with my husband and 11 yr old son. We have never been on NCL before but LOVE cruising so cant imagine not having a great time. Do you have kids travelling with you?It would be nice if they had special Easter activities for the kids. We have been on Carnival and Princess both during Easter and except for special decorations in lobby, I don't recall anything else going on.

We were on the POA 2 years ago on Easter. They did have a couple Catholic masses and a non-denominational mass. There was an Easter bunny in the lobby that the kids could go to see and take a picture with and I think the Easter bunny gave them a stuffed bunny. However, Easter was the second day of our cruise and not the first.

Westbank, My family and I are getting off the Spirit the day you are getting on the ship. If you are Catholic, and they have a Priest on board, they almost always have a daily Mass. Attendance is around 10 to 30 people except Easter Service and then they have a Non denominational Service and a Catholic Mass, both standing room only. It is nice to get back to God and it does bring our family together. It is a nice way to start the day, kids are always welcome, to bad more do not attend even on Easter. Have a great trip.

are you sure about this on embarkation day? I have sailed when embarkation was a Sat and yes, there are usually a couple of services, but not on embarkation/debarkation day.

Nita

Archived