Another (sigh) beverage question...

urkidn

With the addition of the beverage packages I am wondering if there are still the same number of drink specials on board. On previous cruises, I remember there was always a daily drink special, beer buckets on special from time to time plus we could usually get 2 for 1 martinis at one of the lounges before dinner. Are these still available or have they been reduced to entice people to buy the packages?

On our recent Equinox cruise they had a Happy Hour from 4 to 6 that applied to most of the open bars on the ship at 2 for 1 prices on any drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).

Is that something new? We did Equinox last Nov 2009 and I think they just had the $5 drink of the day. That is a great deal!

Is that something new? We did Equinox last Nov 2009 and I think they just had the $5 drink of the day. That is a great deal!

They had a number of happy hour type deals on the Equinox TA in October/November 2010 - though not usually buy-one-get-one-free. Often it was buy-one-get-one-half-off or discounted prices on things such as a pitcher of sangria. There were quite a bit of different specials and they had a little booklet that listed all the specials scheduled for the duration of the cruise in addition to alcohol related events (i.e. wine tastings, martini tastings etc.).

We've never seen it before. I don't know if it will be a regular feature or not. In fact the only way we knew about it is that we ordered something on the aft deck during an Island sail away and the waiter asked if we wanted 2 since it was happy hour. Then I noticed a small listing in an ad sheet that came with the daily bulletin.

On Connie there were occasional two-for-one specials. It wasn't every night. I heard from one bartender that their late-night liquor sales receipts were down, so they were trying to drum up extra business. Probably four times in the cruise there were specials from 10-11 p.m. Sometimes they were announced in the daily, but at least once there was no prior announcement. Not something I would count on, but nice when it happened.

Archived