Post-Cruise Excursions?

PS90

Hi Everybody,

Sorry for the stupid question :o - but we have a 5:25 flight home after our cruise that's docking at Port Everglades. So I figure, we probably have anywhere from three to six (or so) hours with nothing to do. I was just wondering what kind of things people do around Fort Lauderdale when killing time, between disembarking and the flight home.

Are there any kind of Celebrity-endorsed post cruise "excursions"? If there are, that would be easier to book than coming up with something on my own (I'm kinda lazy). If so, could someone direct me to where it is on X's website? Because I looked and couldn't find anything.

Thanks very much for any help.

I don't know about Florida, but in Alaska, under the port city where you disembark they offered several types of tours with drop offs at the airport. If you check on the Celebrity cruises and typr in Port Everglades, does anything come up? We also took a tour in Chili before our arrival at the airport post cruise. Worth a check out.

Yes...there will be post-cruise excursions offered...you and your luggage will go off and have fun, and you'll be dropped at the airport when it's done.

I'd compare the cost of the excursion to the cost of changing to an earlier flight!

From Celebrity's homepage, select Destinations, then Caribbean, then Ports & Excursions, then View All. Under the Location dropdown box, select Fort Lauderdale, Florida and click Search. Voila!

We enjoyed the Everglades Airboat Ride.

Last winter we did a post-cruise excursion to the Everglades for an airboat ride and then to Flamingo Farms (I think it's called). They took good care of our luggage and dropped us at the airport in plenty of time for our flight. Unfortumately it was the Super Bowl Sunday when the East coast was snowed in, and it was VERY cold in Ft. Lauderdale and our flight had been cancelled. Still, on a better day we would have been very pleased with the excursion. You can find then under Ft. Lauderdale on the shore excursions page.

Thanks a lot for all the help!

I am finding the excursions around Fort Lauderdale on the website now! My problem was that I was looking for the excursions under our booked cruise, but none are available yet for how far out we are from the departure date. I should have thought of that...

Thanks for the airboat tip, too! :)

In the past when we've had a late flight out of FLL we've just arrainged a car rental. Budget has a separate pickup for the Quay Center rental office on 17th St. and most of the other major rental companies participate in the Rental Shuttle to the Airport Rental office (make sure yours does as they check for company and proof of rental when boarding the bus).

We rent a car large enough to carry our luggage and usually just go park by the beach or Las Olas and wonder through the ships, around the beach area, and have a nice afternoon lunch at one of the open air restaurants along the Ocean Drive. Cost usually isn't too bad if you rent ahead of time.

In the past when we've had a late flight out of FLL we've just arrainged a car rental. Budget has a separate pickup for the Quay Center rental office on 17th St. and most of the other major rental companies participate in the Rental Shuttle to the Airport Rental office (make sure yours does as they check for company and proof of rental when boarding the bus).

We rent a car large enough to carry our luggage and usually just go park by the beach or Las Olas and wonder through the ships, around the beach area, and have a nice afternoon lunch at one of the open air restaurants along the Ocean Drive. Cost usually isn't too bad if you rent ahead of time.

Thanks, Larry. That's what I was initially considering, but I didn't know that they rent cars "by the hour" - I assume you just pay for one day. I may still do that...

Thanks!

Thanks, Larry. That's what I was initially considering, but I didn't know that they rent cars "by the hour" - I assume you just pay for one day. I may still do that...

Thanks!

Yes - it's always been the daily rate. We usually make a reservation well in advance and then double check rates a few times in the weeks ahead of the cruise to get a nice low daily rate on something large enough to carry our luggage.

Last winter we did a post-cruise excursion to the Everglades for an airboat ride and then to Flamingo Farms (I think it's called). They took good care of our luggage and dropped us at the airport in plenty of time for our flight. Unfortumately it was the Super Bowl Sunday when the East coast was snowed in, and it was VERY cold in Ft. Lauderdale and our flight had been cancelled. Still, on a better day we would have been very pleased with the excursion. You can find then under Ft. Lauderdale on the shore excursions page.

We live in Fort Lauderdale and would highly recommend an excursion to the Everglades on the airboat and if the excursion included Flamingo Gardens, that's an added bonus.

Mariann

Archived