Snorkeling Nassau

ZiggyG

Scubagirl said on another thread that snorkeling on Nassau is not good, and that an excursion to a private island is better. Any advice on snorkeling excursions and/or private islands would be appreciated. Looking to do an afternoon excursion, possibly.

You can't go wrong with Stuarts Cove snorkel excussion. They pick you at the pier area in thier pink bus. From there they stop and pick up other people that are stayiing at the resorts. I thinks the bus ride was abut 1/2 from what I remember. Once at Stuarts Cove you check in then board the boat. They take you to two reef sights. I think you have about 20 minutes to half hour at each. It was pleny of time to explore. After that they take you to a spot where sharks hang out and lower a chum bucket in the water. A rope is then put out the back of the boat and one by one you enter into the water, hold on to the rope and watch the sharks below you! They get really close to you. It is very neat. You can also opt out of this but you should go in. Hope this helps.

Seahorse runs good excursions out to the reefs north of Sun Cay. I know Carnival Cruises lists their excursions (as Catamaran Sail & Reef Snorkel, or something to that effect). We saw quite a lot of fish and some good coral formations, plus the sail out was a lot of fun. http://www.flickr.com/photos/13678200@N07/sets/72157624762572884/

I did Carnival's catamaran sail and snorkel and it was really fun :) The guides were very friendly and took us to a great place to snorkel...tons of fish and the water was beautiful/ After we were done they took us to Rose Island to swim and hang out for a bit before we headed back to shore. I would absolutely do it again!

You can't go wrong with Stuarts Cove snorkel excussion. They pick you at the pier area in thier pink bus. From there they stop and pick up other people that are stayiing at the resorts. I thinks the bus ride was abut 1/2 from what I remember. Once at Stuarts Cove you check in then board the boat. They take you to two reef sights. I think you have about 20 minutes to half hour at each. It was pleny of time to explore. After that they take you to a spot where sharks hang out and lower a chum bucket in the water. A rope is then put out the back of the boat and one by one you enter into the water, hold on to the rope and watch the sharks below you! They get really close to you. It is very neat. You can also opt out of this but you should go in. Hope this helps.

Seahorse runs good excursions out to the reefs north of Sun Cay. I know Carnival Cruises lists their excursions (as Catamaran Sail & Reef Snorkel, or something to that effect). We saw quite a lot of fish and some good coral formations, plus the sail out was a lot of fun.
We can't do Stuarts because we don't get in until 8a and they said I'd need to do the afernoon excursion and it would be cutting in close IMHO to get back!;) We did Seahorse I think last year and may just do it again!:D

Archived