Carnival Fare Reduction

Sycamore18

:mad: I booked a cruise on Carnival.com, February 17, 20011, for the Carnival Liberty sailing April 2, 2011. Two weeks later, fares were reduced for this cruise on the same website, Carnival.com. I immediately sent an email to Carnival Guest Solutions requesting either a credit for the difference or an onboard credit. I received a response from Carnival Guest Solutions stating:"We are truly sorry to disappoint you by not being able to provide a rate adjustment on you reservation. .....Despite our best efforts to anticipate demand, at times we are forced to lower fares closer to sailing." I have now sent a letter to Gerald H Cahill, CEO of Carnival Cruise Lines and Mickey Arison, CEO of Carnival Corporation, expressing my extreme displeasure with the way Carnival Guest Solutions handled my request for a price adjustment. Reducing fares two weeks after my booking and paying in full is just not acceptable to me, especially as a repeat Carnival customer. I had not had a response yet from Mr. Cahill or Mr. Arison, but I cannot believe the managing excutives of a corporation will ignore my letters. I would encourage any other member of this website who have experienced this type fare reduction without some sort of re-embursement from Carnival to send a letter to Mr. Cahill and Mr. Arison as well. Maybe we can help each other be heard and be treated more fairly!

The only way you would get a decrease in cruise fare is if you booked ES, which wasn't available, since you booked so late. You would have then gotten any fare decrease up to 3 days before sailing. Also, I would guess you had to pay in full when you booked, again as you booked only 6 weeks out. As a result, you are not eligible for any decrease in fare, even if you booked under past guest rate. Unfortunately, those are the rules we all have to play by. Don't be upset when CCL says no to you, which they undoubtedly will.

Carnival policy clearly states that price reduction after final payment is only available to those who bookmunder the early saver fare.

You didn't so you are out of luck.

Dang - you type faster than me!:p:D

Everyone above is correct. The information regarding which fares qualify for price protection is readily available at the Carnival website.

Best of luck with your letters. I seriously doubt you'll be satisfied with the responses, however.

:)

Why not try and get a better cabin for the money that you are not going to see as a price adjustment?

Do you also write letters to the airlines when the price goes down for a flight? Southwest is the only one I know that gives you a credit when the flight fare goes down.

PS Our cruise is now $370 less than when we booked it. It's just the gamble you take.

I had the same situation last year. I booked so late there wasn't an ES fare. I booked Past Guest. I was able to upgrade to an Ocean View room for my children who were originally in an interior across the hall from me. I was hoping for an OBC too to help with cost but at least with the upgrade, I got something. Maybe you should try that!

Archived