I got to judge the hairy chest contest! Inspiration review: 2/26/11.

gapearl

I agree with you 100% about solo cruising. I wasn't sure that I would feel comfortable, but, I had a great time. I was with a group, but, we all did our own thing. My next cruise will be solo also, but, with the same group on Conquest before she is moved to NO. Since you didn't say where your cruise after the Mom cruise will be, you really need to consider a cruise to Alaska. It is a beautiful cruise. I plan to do it again one of these days.

I have considered an Alaskan cruise. It's definitely on my radar. Maybe next year!

Only 184 days to go:) Dang,that's a looonnggg time!

Yeah it is, but 184 days is still less time than what I have! :eek:

Of all the reviews I've read here (and that's A LOT), I loved yours the best! You made me feel like I was on the cruise with you. You seem like a smart, cool gal who really knows how to have a good time (AND how to dress!!! -- LOVED those shoes with the purple dress). Now I have to go read your other review!!! :)

Thanks Kate! I appreciate all the kind words! :)

Loved your review and thank you for the link on the solo board. Also love your outfits. Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Does the 200% solo supplement now on Carnival affect your future cruises on Carnival? I am now trying other lines.

Thanks Mary Ann! Yes indeed, the 200% solo supplement does affect me. I don't think I'll do another solo cruise on Carnival. As much as I love them, I can find a cheaper solo fare elsewhere. I've called RC to check on solo prices and they're definitely cheaper than Carnival. I don't think their management realizes that they're losing many loyal customers because of that.

Great review! Loved all your dresses and shoes (you are super cute!)! I love how you put 1-4 as your weight...that's what I'm going to start telling my nosy husband when he asks my weight ;) I just read your other review as well and it was great as well! Thanks for taking the time to write them for us :D

Just booked my first Carnival cruise today and will be taking this exact cruise in May. It will be myself and my two daughters ages 22 and 20. I thought I read somewhere that there is no blow dryer in the room. Can you confirm so I know if I need to bring mine or not? Does Carnival provide lanyards? Thanks for the great review!

Great review! Loved all your dresses and shoes (you are super cute!)! I love how you put 1-4 as your weight...that's what I'm going to start telling my nosy husband when he asks my weight ;) I just read your other review as well and it was great as well! Thanks for taking the time to write them for us :D

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed both reviews. Tell your husband he should know better than to ask a woman her weight! ;)

Just booked my first Carnival cruise today and will be taking this exact cruise in May. It will be myself and my two daughters ages 22 and 20. I thought I read somewhere that there is no blow dryer in the room. Can you confirm so I know if I need to bring mine or not? Does Carnival provide lanyards? Thanks for the great review!

Congratulations on booking your cruise! I hope you found my review somewhat helpful. I don't recall seeing a hairdryer, but then again, I didn't look for one. I wrap my hair in a towel and then let it air dry. If your cabin doesn't have one, I believe your cabin steward can bring one to you. They don't provide lanyards, but you can find them in the gift shop for a few dollars. The gift shops open as soon as you make it out into international waters, usually about an hour or so after sailaway. I know you all will have a lot of fun! :D

Loved your review. I'll be on the Inspiration in about a week. Leaving 3/26. This is my 2nd time on this ship. i love this class. I hope we have as much fun as you did!

Thanks for reading! I know you'll have a great time!

I LOVED your review:) Thanks for sharing. I laughed (in a good way) at all of the clothes and shoes you brought:eek::D Good for you and you wore them ALL very well!

I went on my 1st solo in November, after always cruising with others. It was a great time and thoroughly enjoyed being able to do what I wanted, when I wanted:) I'll second the 1A's on Empress deck. I was in E181 and loved the location.

Thanks for sharing your Imagination review too. Since I'll be on her in May, I was really loving every moment of it.

As a side note on FCC's, you can apply them to already booked cruises.

Anyway, thanks again for all of your time and effort. JOB WELL DONE!

I LOVED your review:) Thanks for sharing. I laughed (in a good way) at all of the clothes and shoes you brought:eek::D Good for you and you wore them ALL very well!

I went on my 1st solo in November, after always cruising with others. It was a great time and thoroughly enjoyed being able to do what I wanted, when I wanted:) I'll second the 1A's on Empress deck. I was in E181 and loved the location.

Thanks for sharing your Imagination review too. Since I'll be on her in May, I was really loving every moment of it.

As a side note on FCC's, you can apply them to already booked cruises.

Anyway, thanks again for all of your time and effort. JOB WELL DONE!

Thanks for reading! I brought way more dresses than I actually wore, so I know I'll have no problem packing for my 7 day with my good ol 21" crew bag. ;)

I wish I had known that about the FCC! I'd have some drink money and mom some gambling money for the next one!

Solo cruising is fun, isn't it?

Thanks so much for the positive feedback and have fun on the Imagination! :D

Hi gapearl! I found your review on a solo cruising thread. Like everyone else, I appreciate the time and effort you put into sharing your adventures.

My first cruise in 2003 was a solo cruise on the Sensation. I wanted to travel and I was tired of waiting for friends and family to be on the same schedule as me. So, I booked a cruise because I thought it would be a fairly safe way to travel. And as a somewhat shy person, I knew that I would have structured opportunities to meet people and get involved in activities.

That first cruise was wonderful --everything I expected it to be and more. Thanks for sharing the story of how great solo cruising is. I hope your reviews help other people find the courage to try a solo vacation!!

Great review! Loved reading it! We were getting off the Inspiration the day you were getting on! Interesting that you had a mostly "older" crowd. We had tons of families on our cruise. I can tell the difference just in your Waterworks photo. My exact same photo had millions of kids running around those slides and yours has very few kids. In fact, I remember Stephanie saying we had 750 kids our week. And my two were 2 of the 6 on stage at the Welcome Aboard show with Stephanie the week before! We were also near your room, I think. We were in E194, Empress Deck, close to Serenity.

Too bad for that last windy/chilly day but it sounds like you made the most of it!

1A's on Empress--worst rooms on ship!:(

(SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Don't let 'em fill up!)

I really enjoyed your review. I wish they'd replace the chef before my next trip.

Sorry for giving away the 1A secret! I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I'm sure you'll enjoy the food. I still managed to gain 5 pounds!

Hi gapearl! I found your review on a solo cruising thread. Like everyone else, I appreciate the time and effort you put into sharing your adventures.

My first cruise in 2003 was a solo cruise on the Sensation. I wanted to travel and I was tired of waiting for friends and family to be on the same schedule as me. So, I booked a cruise because I thought it would be a fairly safe way to travel. And as a somewhat shy person, I knew that I would have structured opportunities to meet people and get involved in activities.

That first cruise was wonderful --everything I expected it to be and more. Thanks for sharing the story of how great solo cruising is. I hope your reviews help other people find the courage to try a solo vacation!!

Thanks for reading and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Were any of your other cruises solo? Maybe my review will convince someone else to give it a try. :)

Great review! Loved reading it! We were getting off the Inspiration the day you were getting on! Interesting that you had a mostly "older" crowd. We had tons of families on our cruise. I can tell the difference just in your Waterworks photo. My exact same photo had millions of kids running around those slides and yours has very few kids. In fact, I remember Stephanie saying we had 750 kids our week. And my two were 2 of the 6 on stage at the Welcome Aboard show with Stephanie the week before! We were also near your room, I think. We were in E194, Empress Deck, close to Serenity.

Too bad for that last windy/chilly day but it sounds like you made the most of it!

Hey there! I also heard that number of kids for the cruise before mine. It just goes to show that every sailing really is different. I bet your kids had a lot of fun getting to go on stage at the welcome aboard show. Was your last day a chilly one? I read another review from a cruise after mine that their last day was chilly too. Thanks for reading!

We are headed out of New Orleans on the October 17th cruise. We would love to have you. You seem to make a party with everyone. This will be my second and my hubby and kids first. We would love to have another member of the family . My soon to be 18 year old son would think you were so much cooler than his father and I .And our soon to be 8 year daughter would love to have a big sister. You could give us all the IN and Outs. :D

Thanks for reading and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Were any of your other cruises solo? Maybe my review will convince someone else to give it a try. :)

My second cruise was with one of my best friends and the next one is a family celebration. However, I am thinking about a solo transatlantic cruise for 2013!

We are headed out of New Orleans on the October 17th cruise. We would love to have you. You seem to make a party with everyone. This will be my second and my hubby and kids first. We would love to have another member of the family . My soon to be 18 year old son would think you were so much cooler than his father and I .And our soon to be 8 year daughter would love to have a big sister. You could give us all the IN and Outs. :D

I sure wish I could join you! If you leave your daughter with me, she will return a total diva wearing heels, lip gloss, and with a French manicure, just so you know. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed my review and thanks for reading! Have fun on your cruise!!!!

My second cruise was with one of my best friends and the next one is a family celebration. However, I am thinking about a solo transatlantic cruise for 2013!

That sounds awesome! Lots of sea days=lots of relaxation!

THAT was a fantastic review! I just read it start to finish and you have inspired me to do a solo cruise!! I have been thinking about this for a looooong time and while I'm not nearly as outgoing as you (I'm rather shy & self concious), you have inspired me to get out there and just have fun! Thank you for that. I hope I meet you on a cruise some day....Have a great time with your Mom!! :)

That sounds awesome! Lots of sea days=lots of relaxation!

Hello! I just returned yesterday from my Carnival Dream Cruise and upon arriving back at my home airport thought I passed a flight attendant who looked just like you!! Were you by chance at the Humphrey airport yesterday around 230 in Minneapolis? I seriously considered turning around and asking but feared I'd look crazy trying to explain cruise critic to someone else! :p

Great review, gapearl! Love all of your pictures and the energy you have. I sailed on the Inspiration with a friend on March 5th (also to Grand Cayman and Cozumel) and we had quite a different crowd -- TONS of spring breakers! I am 30 and almost felt old. ;) It was a great cruise, though, and I am already itching to plan another!

Archived