5 day Fascination or 7 day Elation?

teddy'sgirl

We are looking to book our Fall Break cruise with our kids and trying to decide between 5 days on the Fascination to Nassau and Half Moon Cay or 7 days on the Elation to Cozumel, Rotan, and Belieze. We've been to Cozumel before but all other ports will be new to us. We've cruised on the Inspiration and the Triumph and DH and I just got off the Elation Monday. We loved the Triumph and felt a little crowded on the Elation so I'm concerned about 7 days on the ship. I know part of our dissapointment was the weather on our sea days. I felt like there was not as much to do on the Elation but again, I think the weather had a lot to do with that as well as not running around with 3 kids! Don't get me wrong, we had a wonderful time but I am worried about keeping 3 kids entertained for 3 sea days if we have bad weather. The kids really want to try a 7 day cruise and Mobile is our closest port (we can drive to the port the day of sailing). Jacksonville is the next closest port with a sailing the week of our Fall Break. Input and opinions are welcome!

Thanks,

Melissa

I personally like the larger ships so I would take the Triumph over the Elation anyday. However, in your post, you are comparing two fantasy class ships (the exact same design), so the space issue should be the same with either option. I have been on both ships, and in this case, I would take the Elation just based on the ports.

the Fascination and the Elation are the same size.

So first tell the kids if they complain about being bored then they run the risk of not cruising the next time the family goes ;) (since they want to do the 7 day)

I have found Mexican ports more affordable in excursions than Nassau, Freeport (Carribbean side).

My son would pick to stay onboard the ship all 7 days (he'll be 15 next week) if he could because he's never bored with all the Circle C activities. (Though he'll be ClubO2 next time).

I would encourage the kids to participate in the activities. they are what they make them. Even if there are only a few kids, it's more fun to do stuff designed for them then sit in the cabin.

Maybe you can talk another family to go along from school?

We cruise fall break last year but we just have 2 days.

Sorry, I guess I should clairfy that I know both ships are Fantasy class. I guess my question should be is 7 days too much on a Fantasy class or should we stick with 5? I like the Western Carribean ports as well so that's why we are leaning toward sailing on the Elation again.

Sorry' date=' I guess I should clairfy that I know both ships are Fantasy class. I guess my question should be is 7 days too much on a Fantasy class or should we stick with 5? I like the Western Carribean ports as well so that's why we are leaning toward sailing on the Elation again.[/quote']

I think its a matter of personal preference...I really do. I mean, I've done 7 day, 4 day, and 3 day cruises on the fantasy class. No complaints on any of them. Plus, as a side note, if you noticed, CCL normally has the small ships doing the shorter runs. :cool:

I'm thinking about going on the two ships too, and was wondering if any one knows which one would be better for a two year old? I see on the deck plans and they have a baby pool? Is it really a baby pool or a potty trained pool. And if the two ships have the same pools and slides? My kids love the pool area. Been on the Fantasy and the deck plans look different. Thanks!

Just got off the Fascination 2/19. Half Moon Cay was a great beach day and was no cost. You can rent a cabana or do an excursion if you choose but it's no necessary. They provide you lunch as well.

You would only have to worry about what to do in Nassau. You would need to factor in the traveling expenses. Hotel, food, gas, and parking would be a deciding factor for me.

On the Elation it's closer to home and a longer cruise. You would have 3 ports to plan excursions for. Unless they cancel Belize.

The Bahamas was more relaxing and the Western was more active as far as the excursions go. Both were nice. I would choose the longer cruise, closer to home. Both ships I'm sure are nice. My DD had a great time in the kids camp and enjoyed the hot tubs and waterworks area.

I'm thinking about going on the two ships too, and was wondering if any one knows which one would be better for a two year old? I see on the deck plans and they have a baby pool? Is it really a baby pool or a potty trained pool. And if the two ships have the same pools and slides? My kids love the pool area. Been on the Fantasy and the deck plans look different. Thanks!

No baby pools on any ship, though if the baby is potty trained they are allowed in the pools and slide area. If not they should not be in the water on any Carnival ship. I think Disney is the only cruiseline that has a baby pool.

Archived