Short cruise to Bruges.

scouse mouse

Exactly the same as any other cruising arriving into Southampton. Disembarkation letter cards in your cabin with time slots on some ships, although on Aurora in November we had a 'walk-off when you want' policy which worked very well with no hanging around in corridors and no queues, We had a relaxed breakfast in the main dining room and left around 9.15am... Just arranged to go on Ventura in a fortnight, I said I'd never do another weekender 2nighter but daughter wants to try a cruise...the last 2nighter only 20 weeks ago lol...Any other questions on weekenders fire away, this must be my 6th or so in past 4 /5 years.

What plans have you for Zeebrugge?

Any other questions on weekenders fire away, this must be my 6th or so in past 4 /5 years.

Ok then :) in your opinion are they good value and when is the best time to book, when they first come out or wait until not long before?

Exactly the same as any other cruising arriving into Southampton. Disembarkation letter cards in your cabin with time slots on some ships, although on Aurora in November we had a 'walk-off when you want' policy which worked very well with no hanging around in corridors and no queues, We had a relaxed breakfast in the main dining room and left around 9.15am... Just arranged to go on Ventura in a fortnight, I said I'd never do another weekender 2nighter but daughter wants to try a cruise...the last 2nighter only 20 weeks ago lol...Any other questions on weekenders fire away, this must be my 6th or so in past 4 /5 years.

What plans have you for Zeebrugge?

Hey LibraLass, you're not allowed to go on ships I've already been on! I need your pictures to make me book the next cruise. :D Your Equinox ones blew me away and made me book :eek:.

Hope you have warned your daughter of her future addiction problem ;)

this must be my 6th or so in past 4 /5 years.

This will be our fourth weekender and we have 2 more this year, apart from the fact that we enjoy them the main purpose is to build up our Princess credits in case they change their rules. Each weekender still counts as one credit on Princess and 15 gets you to the top tier.

We were on the transatlantic on Ventura last October and are looking forward to getting back on board in 2 weeks. No real plans for Bruges yet.

There is a great ' party' feel to them..nothing like a fortnights holiday which again is nothing like a world cruise.. they all have a different feel to them..

But it makes a great break and we have done them for Bills Special Birthday .. and to meet up with friends last year again it was a get together.

Never book one for a quiet weekend away as they are not quiet !!!

THEY LIKE YOU TO BE OFF BY 10 am at the latest...as the next lot get on around noon !!!

I must admit that after two, I would never do another 2-nighter. I prefer three or four nights minimum. It seems to involve nearly as much preparation as longer cruises and you're no sooner on than off. But as others have said, with self-disembarkation you can be off from around 7.30am. The latest time to disembark would be about 9.30-10.

Archived