Outdoor Pool/whirlpools on Alaska trip (Millie)

frostwalker

We sailed the week that August became September in 2009. The hot tubs were usable and enjoyable. A bit chilly to get to them!

The pool absolutely was NOT heated. It was seawater. I think I even recall seeing bits of seaweed in it on occasion. The kids got in just to say they did it but it was horrendously cold!

I popped into the thalassotherapy pool once. Very nice. (And I don't recall it being open to children but I may just not have noticed signage indicating hours. I didn't think it was an appropriate venue for my 10 and 11 year old and so didn't go looking to see if they were allowed at all.) It was complementary at the time. It's not really a swimming pool and, as far as I know, it's the closest there is to an indoor pool.

On Millie, as well as the other M-class ships, the T-pool is free and not open to passengers under ages 16. There are both indoor and outdoor hot tubs, and a sauna, no extra charge. The outdoor pool may have water in it, but will probably be too cold for swimming.

Yes!!!! Thank you! I love getting in a hot tub when its cold outside! That's ok if we have to make a dash.

Also glad to hear they don't 'force' you to get a spa treatment to use the T pool and sauna.

Yay!!!

Archived