Fort Lauderdale Question

vanclan

Can someone tell me whether Amerisuites is within walking distance of the water taxi? What about simple shopping (drugstore or grocery store) I'm trying to decide whether to bid 2 1/2 stars(Amerisuites) or 3 starMarriot/or Embassy Suites. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I would bid 3* DT. I just got the Embassy Suites in August for $55 on Priceline. I would give it a try! Since bids are accepted fairly low for 3*, why not stay in a nicer hotel. I don't think the savings would be more than a couple dollars if you bid 2 1/2*.

Explorer of the Seas ~ 10/02

Majesty of the Seas ~ 1/03

Majesty of the Seas ~ 8/11/03

Navigator of the Seas ~ 10/11/03

Serenade of the Seas ~ 1/31/04

Caribbean Princess ~ 8/14/04

Adventure of the Seas ~ 1/30/05

The Embassey did provide shuttles to both free, but I think I read they now charge to the pier. That seems odd since they are much closer to the pier than the airport, so you might call them directly.

As far as location differences, the Embassey is across the street almost from AmeriSuites. THere is a Publix near there and you can walk the few blocks to catch the water taxi. Marriott Marina has the water taxi beside the hotel, but a little longer walk to the Publix, but we did walk it when we stayed at the Marriott. Loved the Marriott, but there was no shuttle from the airport, but yes to the pier.

Gayla

We can hardly wait

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;2;6;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Archived