Ecstasy to make 3 Carnival ships in Port Canaveral

bguppies

I doubt that. They just started listing Paradise out of Tampa for 2012 and 2013. She won't be coming to Canaveral until after then.

I wouldn't be shocked. These ships are all basically identical except the Sensation with her balconies. It wouldn't be tough to swap the ships.

They were still selling cruises on the Glory out of Port Canaveral, right up until the day they made their "official" announcement of the move to Miami to make room for the Dream.

Then everybody who was booked after the announced move, could either stay on the Glory out of Miami, rebook on the Dream or choose a completly other cruise.

So just because they keep booking dates after the "reported" move, does not mean squat.

Bill

Of course it does. I'm tempted to book a short cruise or three on Ecstasy expecting to get switched to Conquest at no charge. :)

I just got off the phone with my PVP. She swears that the information is NOT true....BUT from previous experience, I can tell that she knows something but that she's not authorized just yet to release the information....:mad:

If Carnival screws New Orleans over, again, guess I will have to give the competition some bucks that otherwise would have been spent on an Ecstasy cruise. Unless, of course, Carnival replaces with a different ship.

Perhaps this means the Breeze is coming to New Orleans?????

I would think that the Ecstasy simply isn't selling well out of New Orleans and the demand is high for Port Canaveral. The switch makes sense.

Sensation continues 3 & 4 day Bahamas cruises, Ecstasy then does 4 & 5 day Bahamas/Eastern Carib. & Dream continues its 7 day alternating. Would also like it if the Ecstasy or Sensation did a few 7 day itinerary since the Dream is so damn big.

Of course it does. I'm tempted to book a short cruise or three on Ecstasy expecting to get switched to Conquest at no charge. :)

I wouldn't. I booked the Ecstasy in November because I love the Fantasy Class and miss her since she went away.

I hope this isn't true, I'd planned on at least two or three cruises out of NOLA for next year now they are moving my favorite ships there. Not sure it will be worth going to Florida.

See above. I agree.

I would think that the Ecstasy simply isn't selling well out of New Orleans and the demand is high for Port Canaveral. The switch makes sense

Not selling well? I know the cruise I'm booked on in November is almost full. Last week a OB suite was cheeper then a Balcony room at any category, and this is March. Very few OV's and IS left on the sailing.

I think the Conquest is not selling well. NCL is offering a 7 day out of NOLA a little cheaper, (minus the charge for the good resterants).

In 2007, they had Elation in PC doing 4/5 day cruises, in addition to Fantasy on the 3/4s. the 5 days did Grand Turk, HMC and Nassau. EM

Yes they did. Maybe that's what the Ecstasy will do. I would be ecstatic if they did PC is my favorite (easiest) port, plus it's only 45 min away.

If Carnival screws New Orleans over, again, guess I will have to give the competition some bucks that otherwise would have been spent on an Ecstasy cruise. Unless, of course, Carnival replaces with a different ship.

Glad you hung tough....right up until the end.;)

[quote name='toad455']I would think that the Ecstasy simply isn't selling well out of New Orleans and the demand is high for Port Canaveral. The switch makes sense.

Sensation continues 3 & 4 day Bahamas cruises, Ecstasy then does 4 & 5 day Bahamas/Eastern Carib. & Dream continues its 7 day alternating. Would also like it if the Ecstasy or Sensation did a few 7 day itinerary since the Dream is so damn big.[/quote]
I guess that begs the question as to how many ships can you send to the Bahamas....yuck

[quote name='Naomi John']
I think the Conquest is not selling well. NCL is offering a 7 day out of NOLA a little cheaper, (minus the charge for the good resterants).[/quote]

NCL will be switching back from year round in New Orleans to part time, which leaves Conquest as the only 7 day game in town for at least a few months.

We are headed out of NOLa in October also. If this is true I wonder when they are going to switch ? I have heard only good things about the Ecstasy. I have lready been on Fascination so i was happy to be trying out a different ship. I'll be watching the forums for sure between now and October.

We are headed out of NOLa in October also. If this is true I wonder when they are going to switch ? I have heard only good things about the Ecstasy. I have lready been on Fascination so i was happy to be trying out a different ship. I'll be watching the forums for sure between now and October.[/quote]

Archived