Help! Anyone know how to reach someone in authority at Celebrity?

travelingmom37

They should only refund the difference between what you paid for a cruisetour and the cabin price you paid when you booked. If you are saying they should refund money you didn't pay in the beginning, I can't imagine why you would expect them to do that. Obviously the price of a C-1 has gone up and you still have your cruise portion at a lower cost. That's like saying that if the cost of a cruise you booked is much lower than it is presently and you decide to cancel, they should refund you the cost of what it is today, rather than what you paid. What a deal that would be.

I only wish, that would be around $2,000!!

I really do not have grand or unfair expectations.

I simply wanted to speak with someone at Celebrity.

Hi Again,

I never imagined my original post would engage so many others.

I booked a C-1 cabin in June 2010 for a June 2011 sailing.

Wanted to cancel only the land portion ( yet another odd saga) and was told I would get only $400pp back, despite the cost differntials mentioned before ($850-$1000 pp) for the same sailing for a cruise/cruisetour TODAY

( not last June). The balance was what i would then pay for my C-1.

Refered 5 friends booked on the cruise or would simply have canceled.

Your refund should be based on what the cruise tour cost at the time of your booking (June 2010), not what the cruise tour costs today. If in June of 2010 (when you did the booking) the land portion cost an extra $400 per person above and beyond the cost of the cruise, then that is the amount you are owed. It does not matter if currently the land portion is selling for $800 or $1,000 more than the cost of the cruise.

Was the refund the difference between the cabin cost and the cruisetour at the time you booked?

Not even half. Not even half of the difference for the current rates.

This is how this all began. It all falls under the category of "lesson learned".

Thank you all.

Your refund should be based on what the cruise tour cost at the time of your booking (June 2010), not what the cruise tour costs today. If in June of 2010 (when you did the booking) the land portion cost an extra $400 per person above and beyond the cost of the cruise, then that is the amount you are owed. It does not matter if currently the land portion is selling for $800 or $1,000 more than the cost of the cruise.

I guess my explantions are unclear. The difference was about $1000pp last June, and is similar now. The $400 pp never made sense to us ( ence my original use of the word "fiction")I agree with you, but X does not.

It is rather evident that no one has been able to understand your postings. I am a mathematician and I still don't understand what the figures are. Might I suggest you fill in the blanks for the following two sentences. I think this would clarify your situation for everyone.

"When I originally purchased the C-1 cabin, I paid ______ for the cruise portion and ______ for the land portion."

"Right now, according to the Celebrity web site, a C-1 cabin with no land portion costs ________ and a C-1 cabin with the land portion costs _________."

Giving the above information, in one format or another, will make your situation a lot clearer. It might also be a good idea to indicate how you know what the division of the costs on your original purchase was. For example, were you sent an invoice from Celebrity which clearly differentiates the land fees and the cruise fees that you paid at that time, or are you just estimating the division of the cost?

Bill

I'm also a little confused - and I'll throw in my two cents (and that's probably what the information is worth - LOL).

It's my understanding that when you book a cruisetour (with a land package), it's all one price. You are not paying one price for the cruise and then a separate price for the land tour. Even though there was a specific price for the cruise only portion of trip when you booked, it is not officially sold as two separate units. Therefore, if you are looking to remove the land tour portion of your cruise, I believe you simply need to cancel your original booking. You can then rebook the cruise only portion of the trip at the current price - in whatever category you wish. I've never heard of someone simply "removing" the land portion of the cruisetour package when it is sold as one unit.

I cannot fill in the blanks as when you book it is all one price.

I so hope this is clear. It must be time to end this post, but I do want to clarify for those that tried to offer advice.

At that time of booking the diference was about $1000 pp higher for the cruisetour vs. the cruise alone for my cabin.

Currently, the difference is between $850-$1000 pp for the cruisetour vs. the cruise alone ( small variations by cabin category) for this sailing.

There were no C-1's ( my current cabin) available when I went to re-book for just the cruise a few weeks ago. I was trying to hold on to my original cabin.

To re-book my cabin for only the cruise I was offered $400 pp off my original cost based on what "would be" the rate for a C-1 today. This amount is less than half what X was charging for the same land portion both last June and now. I did not think this was fair.

I apoligize if this remains murky. It does not make "sense" to us either.

My thanks again for the assistance.

Have you reached final payment date yet? If not, why not just cancel the cruise completely & re-book? Yes, you may lose your C1, but if there are still C2's available you could just re-book a C2 and waitlist a C1, and then you'd be ahead of the $400PP they're offering as a refund, correct?

Have you reached final payment date yet? If not, why not just cancel the cruise completely & re-book? Yes, you may lose your C1, but if there are still C2's available you could just re-book a C2 and waitlist a C1, and then you'd be ahead of the $400PP they're offering as a refund, correct?

That is exactly what I will have to do. When this began a few weeks ago there were zero balconies listed in any category. Some have opened up, although poorly located, these are my choices.

Good luck, TM. We met you and your husband years ago on the Infinity and I know you to be reasonable :).

(We had a similar glitch once and couldn't find anyone to manually input something into a computer -- resolutions was not an answer). I suggest you do the best you can and then write up the whole thing for Celebrity to consider. maybe they will offer an OBC... Most important, have a wonderful time!

Good luck, TM. We met you and your husband years ago on the Infinity and I know you to be reasonable :).

(We had a similar glitch once and couldn't find anyone to manually input something into a computer -- resolutions was not an answer). I suggest you do the best you can and then write up the whole thing for Celebrity to consider. maybe they will offer an OBC... Most important, have a wonderful time!

Hi Holly,

I cannot beleive you recognized my CC name after all of these years!

I only post when actualy planning a cruise.

I remember you as well. Hope everyone is well and thriving.

Best, Sheryl

I cannot fill in the blanks as when you book it is all one price.

I so hope this is clear. It must be time to end this post, but I do want to clarify for those that tried to offer advice.

At that time of booking the diference was about $1000 pp higher for the cruisetour vs. the cruise alone for my cabin.

Currently, the difference is between $850-$1000 pp for the cruisetour vs. the cruise alone ( small variations by cabin category) for this sailing.

There were no C-1's ( my current cabin) available when I went to re-book for just the cruise a few weeks ago. I was trying to hold on to my original cabin.

To re-book my cabin for only the cruise I was offered $400 pp off my original cost based on what "would be" the rate for a C-1 today. This amount is less than half what X was charging for the same land portion both last June and now. I did not think this was fair.

I apoligize if this remains murky. It does not make "sense" to us either.

My thanks again for the assistance.

It sounds like you are trying to place a value on the land tour based on the price difference between the cruisetour and the cruise-only price and get a refund for the difference. Also, I don't believe you can cancel the land portion of the tour and be able to hold onto the cruise-only price that existed when you booked last June. A cruisetour is not booked as two separate units - you can't use the price difference between the cruise-only price and the cruisetour price to place a separate value on the land tour. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work that way. You are paying one price for a cruisetour.

Once you release your current cabin into inventory, as long as you are ready to re-book your cruise immediately, there's only a small chance you will loose that specific cabin. The problem is that if you are holding the only C-1 available, the price of that cabin is likely to be significantly higher than it was when you previously booked last June (just supply and demand).

I guess the part that still doesn't make sense to me is why you aren't just canceling the original booking and re-booking at today's price.

Good luck - hope is all works out!

Once you release your current cabin into inventory, as long as you are ready to re-book your cruise immediately, there's only a small chance you will loose that specific cabin. The problem is that if you are holding the only C-1 available, the price of that cabin is likely to be significantly higher than it was when you previously booked last June (just supply and demand).

I guess the part that still doesn't make sense to me is why you aren't just canceling the original booking and re-booking at today's price.

I think your former paragraph answers the question in the latter.

She really wants to hold onto her C1.

I agree, though - she should call & cancel, then ask how much to re-book the stateroom, cruise only. If it's significantly more than she wants to pay? Take the C2 & watch for the C1 to come down (though someone is likely to snatch it up) as well as watching for any other C2s or C1s to open up as final payment comes close and some folks may release their reservations.

I booked the Century five night on March 28 several weeks ago. I emailed the proof of my shares in RCCL to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com.

After calling to confirm that my shareholder OBC was applied I was told that it was not. I emailed them twice more and mailed in the paper copies and have heard nothing. I called Corporate Guest Relations Department as well as Captains Club and they are of no help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Having exhausted all channels with my (wonderful) "Celebrity Certified Travel Planner" and a supposed supervisor,Ii need to speak with someone at Celebrity in real authority, ASAP.

Our current booking for Alaska in June has become a fiasco.

In short, in trying to cancel the 3-day land portion only for our cruise

X wants me to pay $565 more for a C-1 ( no others open, price is fiction) then a C-2 for the cruise only on the same sailing.

As a loyal X cruiser, elite member and stock holder I am shocked and frustrated.

Anyone know how to directly contact someone in management/administration?

Help is greatly appreciated.

If you are on the ship, just cancel the credit card that you registered, and you will be contacted very quickly. In fact, at disembarkation time, you will hear your name called on the public address system!:D

• 4 weeks later...

Just a brief update on my post first listed on March 13.

I did book another cabin (sans tour) to "hedge my bet" .

Final payment is due Sunday so I tried one more time to speak w/ Celebrity re. my original C-1 cabin that I did not want to forfiet.

Thank you to the posters who recommended contacting the Captain's Club Resolution Dept.! One phone call and they allowed me to keep my original cabin at a reasonable market price.

Thank you Captains Club!!!!!!!!!

Archived