Help! Anyone know how to reach someone in authority at Celebrity?

travelingmom37

Having exhausted all channels with my (wonderful) "Celebrity Certified Travel Planner" and a supposed supervisor,Ii need to speak with someone at Celebrity in real authority, ASAP.

Our current booking for Alaska in June has become a fiasco.

In short, in trying to cancel the 3-day land portion only for our cruise

X wants me to pay $565 more for a C-1 ( no others open, price is fiction) then a C-2 for the cruise only on the same sailing.

As a loyal X cruiser, elite member and stock holder I am shocked and frustrated.

Anyone know how to directly contact someone in management/administration?

Help is greatly appreciated.

You are also welcome to call our Corporate Guest Relations Department at:

Eastern daylight/standard time zone

Questions or Comments 1-800-256-6649

Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm

Saturday - Sunday: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm

I've recently been concerned about Customer Service and have written to Customer Relations. I asked for nothing, just want them to know what's happening.I would suggest you call Captain's Club representative. I've found that they can help in some cases.Good luck.

You may not be able to. I'm a CSR at a call center, and anyone not satisfied and who wants to talk to the president (or someone else higher up the chain) is told to write a letter. The letters wll get screened, and if it's a customer service issue, will get routed back to the site manager. For us, the site manager for the call center (the person in charge of all supervisors) is the highest anyone can reach by phone, and have final authority in resolving an issue. Maybe others will have other avenues, but in general a large organization has to shield upper management somewhat from customer service calls, or they would soon find themselves tied up with relatively minor issues (minor for them, not for the customer).

You may want to try asking for a fax number for the corporate offices and faxing in a strongly worded (but brief) letter. This may get someone's attention.

You may not be able to. I'm a CSR at a call center, and anyone not satisfied and who wants to talk to the president (or someone else higher up the chain) is told to write a letter. The letters wll get screened, and if it's a customer service issue, will get routed back to the site manager. For us, the site manager for the call center (the person in charge of all supervisors) is the highest anyone can reach by phone, and have final authority in resolving an issue. Maybe others will have other avenues, but in general a large organization has to shield upper management somewhat from customer service calls, or they would soon find themselves tied up with relatively minor issues (minor for them, not for the customer).

You may want to try asking for a fax number for the corporate offices and faxing in a strongly worded (but brief) letter. This may get someone's attention.

This is par for the course and most large companies. I work for a fortune 300 company and there is no way you will ever get a direct line to any executive.

B.

C1's generally are much more expensive than C2's on M-Class ships during Alaska runs. A nearly $600 price differential sounds about right to me; I am not sure I am understanding the issue? Why do you think the price between a C2 and C1 should be different - C1's on M-Class ships have MASSIVE balconies, so are highly coveted on Alaska cruises and tend to be priced similarly to lower level suites.

Thank you all for such prompt feedback.

There is far more to the story but I am NOT out to trash Celebrity, just speak with some one beyond my current reach.

No illusions of reaching the CEO,just a person above a line supervisor.

I did check C-1 vs C-2 on many other Alaska sailings,total difference is about $120-$130 a cabin. Again, there is so much more involved.

I will try Guest Relations and the Captain's Club. They are always awesome ON the cruises.

r.

I did check C-1 vs C-2 on many other Alaska sailings,total difference is about $120-$130 a cabin. Again, there is so much more involved.

I will try Guest Relations and the Captain's Club. They are always awesome ON the cruises.

Are you looking at M-Class ships? On Century there is a much smaller difference quality wise between a C1 vs. a C2 - so a $120 to $130 price difference sounds about right. On M-Class ships (when I was looking at Alaska cruises) the C1's were priced just a bit less than Sky Suites and much higher than C2's.

Edit: I just took a look at some current pricing and was surprised; there is a lot of variability. C1's are sold out on many cruises, but when there is availability some sailing they are only a bit higher than C2, whereas other sailings it is nearly an $800 difference for two people. Back in May last year when I had been thinking about booking Alaska the prices seemed to be consistently much higher for C1's across the board; now it has leveled off on certain sailings.

X wants me to pay $565 more for a C-1 ( no others open, price is fiction) then a C-2 for the cruise only on the same sailing.

If that is the only C-1 open, how do you know the price is "fiction?"

Is there some reason you cannot just keep your C-2?

Thank you all for such prompt feedback.

There is far more to the story but I am NOT out to trash Celebrity, just speak with some one beyond my current reach.

No illusions of reaching the CEO,just a person above a line supervisor.

Unfortunately you can not compare the price of a C-1 to a C-2 on a cruise where the C-1's have not sold out and are readily available to one on a ship where they are completely sold out and not available. It is all about supply and demand. On our cruise the price of C-2's dropped about 9 to 12 months ago by hundreds of dollars but since the c-1's were already sold out there was no price adjustment on those. The fact that we were paying more than for other cruises that didn't sell out (less popular times) was no help to anyone about anything. Recently some C-1's have come available due to cancellations and are offered for about $750/pp more than what we originally booked at. As I say, it is all about supply and demand.

Anytime I have had an issue and emailed Celebrity's corporate offices I've received a call back within a couple days from someone whose job it is to resolve the problem and/or tell me they care about me but can't do anything differently. Try emailing them at the officer's first-initial and last name-dot-celebrity.com.

Who are these resolution folks and officers ? What email do I use?

All the cabins I checked were on the same M class ship, same prime season.

The "fiction" came from a non-existant rate and offering me only $400 pp to remove the land portion while the price differential for the identical cruise/cruisetour on same sailing is between $850-$1000 per person based on the X web site a few days ago. This is where the C-1 rate came from.

I do appreciate the feedback. I am not looking for special treatment, just an equitable resolution based on current rates.

The "fiction" came from a non-existant rate and offering me only $400 pp to remove the land portion while the price differential for the identical cruise/cruisetour on same sailing is between $850-$1000 per person based on the X web site a few days ago. This is where the C-1 rate came from.

I do appreciate the feedback. I am not looking for special treatment, just an equitable resolution based on current rates.

Call Captain's Club and ask for resolutions dept. The number is on the X web site.

Having exhausted all channels with my (wonderful) "Celebrity Certified Travel Planner" and a supposed supervisor,Ii need to speak with someone at Celebrity in real authority, ASAP.

Our current booking for Alaska in June has become a fiasco.

In short, in trying to cancel the 3-day land portion only for our cruise

As a loyal X cruiser, elite member and stock holder I am shocked and frustrated.

Anyone know how to directly contact someone in management/administration?

Help is greatly appreciated.

As a stock holder you could go to the annual meeting and try to find a VP at the mingle event. You better have a compelling case.

I'd suggest putting your issues in writing and faxing / scanning / or emailing it to customer service - I think you can find the email on the website. I think laying our your case in writing and giving the recipient a little time to think and respond might be more successful than a verbal exchange that can escalate quickly.

I'd suggest putting your issues in writing and faxing / scanning / or emailing it to customer service - I think you can find the email on the website. I think laying our your case in writing and giving the recipient a little time to think and respond might be more successful than a verbal exchange that can escalate quickly.

You are right. We have been doing email exchanges for weeks.

In short, in trying to cancel the 3-day land portion only for our cruise X wants me to pay $565 more for a C-1 ( no others open, price is fiction) then a C-2 for the cruise only on the same sailing.

OP, would you mind clarifying exactly what the problem is? It seems to be you want to cancel a cruise tour, and upgrade from a C2 to a C1. Are these problems somehow tied in? Are they saying you can only cancel the cruise tour if you agree to pay $565 more and upgrade to a C1? I'm just not sure what the issue is.

If the issue is the sticker shock for the difference between a C2 and a C1, that's the way these things go sometimes. Prices are set by supply and demand for a particular category, not by what other categories are selling for. If there's only one C1 left, there's obviously demand, and C1's are very popular. Celebrity is confident they'll get that price from someone-- if not you, someone else. If that is the issue, I don't blame Celebrity for saying that there's nothing they can do for you.

Hi Again,

I never imagined my original post would engage so many others.

I booked a C-1 cabin in June 2010 for a June 2011 sailing.

Wanted to cancel only the land portion ( yet another odd saga) and was told I would get only $400pp back, despite the cost differntials mentioned before ($850-$1000 pp) for the same sailing for a cruise/cruisetour TODAY

( not last June). The balance was what i would then pay for my C-1.

Refered 5 friends booked on the cruise or would simply have canceled.

I did not intend ill-will towards Celebrity.

I will try them again and just re-book if needed.

Thank you all again for your imput.

Oops, sorry, I missed this one.

edit-- I posted this a few seconds after yours!

They should only refund the difference between what you paid for a cruisetour and the cabin price you paid when you booked. If you are saying they should refund money you didn't pay in the beginning, I can't imagine why you would expect them to do that. Obviously the price of a C-1 has gone up and you still have your cruise portion at a lower cost. That's like saying that if the cost of a cruise you booked is much lower than it is presently and you decide to cancel, they should refund you the cost of what it is today, rather than what you paid. What a deal that would be.

Archived