Opinions on Steakhouse-first night

millerboy88

If you book the first night you, supposedly, get a free bottle of wine. So that's a kicker if you were thinking of doing it that night anyway. We usualy don't go night 1 because it's the first night and you are settleing in, recovering from travel, exploring, and it's nice to look forward to the steakhouse later in the week. We are doing it the first night though coming up this fall, because it'll be the 2nd week of crusing after getting off another ship so all cons have pretty much been removed. So hopefully I'll get that free bottle of wine! (I'm sure the street value of which will be about $5.99).:)

Personally, I wouldn't. The first day is usually so busy with getting settled in. Of course, you dress up for the steakhouse, so you would need to make sure you were prepared for that as well (ie: getting your luggage in time). I also like to meet my tablemates and waitstaff the first night.

If you book the first night you, supposedly, get a free bottle of wine. So that's a kicker if you were thinking of doing it that night anyway. ...So hopefully I'll get that free bottle of wine! (I'm sure the street value of which will be about $5.99).:)

We did this on the Spirit back in Nov. Food great. Service great. You had a choice of their house (Santa Carolina) red or white wine. It is also easier to get a reservation on the 1st night than later on during the cruise.

The only problem I see with going on the 1st night is the rest of your dinners on the cruise will pale in comparison.:D

Personally, I wouldn't. The first day is usually so busy with getting settled in. Of course, you dress up for the steakhouse, so you would need to make sure you were prepared for that as well (ie: getting your luggage in time). I also like to meet my tablemates and waitstaff the first night.

On the 1st day, you don't have to get dressed up.

Archived