Orca Watching- Seattle area

stevenikkij

My family and I will be visiting Seattle for a few days after our Alaska cruise at the end of July. We want to see orcas- I have several companies that I have heard of from these boards- anyone have any reviews or comments about any of them. We know we will have to travel out of the city to see them. We don't want an early cruise- because we thought we may hit some traffic, and also how many hours are the tours normally?

Island Adventures

clipper vacations

mystic sea charters

Thanks!!!:)

I'm pretty sure I've responded to your previous threads about orca viewing. I went with Island Adventures. The tour was 6 hrs +. It was great! I'm sure both companies out of Anacortes are comparable. Beautiful scenery throughout the cruise and Anacortes is a cute little town.

The tour length is posted on their web site. Don't all 3 vendors have that info on their sites?

Island Adventures also has a sightings log by date (which will give you an idea about your chances).

If I remember correctly we had to be at their Anacortes office by 10:30am (about an hr from Seattle), then we drove a few blocks to the dock. The boat left around 11am and returned around 5pm. I went in early Sept just after the fall season started so the hours might be different in July. I waited for a nice sunny day then booked on-line the night before to get the web discount.

The tours from Everett only occur in the spring during the grey whale migration. ( i got an announcement from them a few weeks ago that the Everett trips started last weekend).

hopefully you'll see your whale quota in Alaska so you won't have to go to more expense to see them in WA. I tried to attach a couple of photos; we'll see if it worked. I'm no photographer.

It's a gorgeous area. Not too far out of Anacortes you're sailing past the San Juan Islands, so there's ferry traffic, sailboats, beautiful island homes. Just a nice place to go boating.

241448870_schoonerandCattlePointLighthouse.jpg.b9a3b2d6bae26237604908d79cd4c226.jpg

828953711_firstsightingofLPod.jpg.8d803fdf04e88abcc61dba70a30ed529.jpg

1134092815_stellarsealions.jpg.4e99a62c397e23e112a5e8b8d77cd0d5.jpg

100_0417.jpg.d1a0c6c90ad28343c3e3c3997353ebc2.jpg

Archived