Which Cosya Maya beach do you recommend?

KY Retired Teacher

My husband and I will be On Radiance of the Seas and in Costa Maya 3/22/2011. We are looking for a pretty beach with clean facilities and a massage on the beach.We are not interested in food or water acticities. We can do the cruise line's Jungle Beach Break for $40.00 each which includes transportation and beverages.Would you recommend this or is there something better to do for the day while in port?:)

I highly recommend the Maya Chan resort for the day. I think it is $59 pp, but that includes round trip transport, drinks, food, nonmotorized water sports, and a high level of service and attention. They limit the number of people they book, and each party gets their own private area with a comfy beach bed, swing, etc. It was the best part of our cruise last year. In fact, we booked a cruise specifically because it went to costa maya, just so we could go back to maya chan

• 2 months later...

I can not recommend the Jungle Beach Break in Costa Maya enough. I can tell you that I really did not want to go and spend 6 hours at a beach. However, when I got there, we did the most amazing private snorkel tour ever. I have attached a link below to a video of the tour,

check it out, it was so much fun, I would go back to the Western Caribbean just for this tour.

KY Teacher...another option is to contact Steve at Tropicante and reserve a lounger. Tropicante is right in the middle of the malecon and has clean facilities. Since all the beach clubs are along the same stretch (Maya Cahn being the exception as it's north of the port) you're free to wander up and down the malecon. Steve can tell you if there's a charge, but I don't think you have to book it as an AI, just buy a drink or soda and get a bite to eat if you wish. There are massages available. Look up one of the Tropicante threads on this board and his contact info will be there. I recall it's something like steve@sandandskis dot com but i could be a letter or two off. Short cab ride $5 RT pp.

• 2 weeks later...
KY Teacher...another option is to contact Steve at Tropicante and reserve a lounger. Tropicante is right in the middle of the malecon and has clean facilities. Since all the beach clubs are along the same stretch (Maya Cahn being the exception as it's north of the port) you're free to wander up and down the malecon. Steve can tell you if there's a charge, but I don't think you have to book it as an AI, just buy a drink or soda and get a bite to eat if you wish. There are massages available. Look up one of the Tropicante threads on this board and his contact info will be there. I recall it's something like steve@sandandskis dot com but i could be a letter or two off. Short cab ride $5 RT pp.

I want to jump in and say that Steve's resort is really fantastic. He was a fantastic host and the prices were great. We can't wait to go back!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived