On the Riviera....

JimandStan

Gee folks. Wanna make a fella feel sad, well I am. So much of the grand experience of the Marina MV were the people. the thought of another pre-dinner cruise: aha. If we had the $ and the stamina we would joing you in a heartbeat. Please know we are there with you in spirit.

We have requested the October 24 Rome to Italy when Riveria is just 4 months old, so still a baby. We have never been to Italy and it's on our to-do while we are still able-bodied.

I am jealous already! Have the best feelings about all of you; you will be carriers of the flame!!

Lynne

Btw,CAG, be careful with that M+G list. it is a hot issue. do some noodling around here on the O boards and be informed. If you have specific Q's, I am lyndenfa@msn.com

Be well everyone!

Gee folks. Wanna make a fella feel sad, well I am. So much of the grand experience of the Marina MV were the people. the thought of another pre-dinner cruise: aha. If we had the $ and the stamina we would joing you in a heartbeat. Please know we are there with you in spirit.

We have requested the October 24 Rome to Italy when Riveria is just 4 months old, so still a baby. We have never been to Italy and it's on our to-do while we are still able-bodied.

I am jealous already! Have the best feelings about all of you; you will be carriers of the flame!!

Lynne

Btw,CAG, be careful with that M+G list. it is a hot issue. do some noodling around here on the O boards and be informed. If you have specific Q's, I am lyndenfa@msn.com

Be well everyone!

You will be missed! Sorry you can't join us, but we certainly understand.

You will LOVE Italy! It's our favorite country to visit.

Good luck! Kay & Tarmo

We're considering going to Lucca (Marina, October 11 cruise). What actually did you do on your day in Lucca? Is there enough to do occupy a day trip? Anything else around there to see using public transportation?

Wripro is an Oceania board friend of mine, so I hope he does not mind if I jump in here.

Lucca makes a great day trip from Livorno. We did this on our cruise last May, using the chapter on Lucca in Rick Steves' excellent Florence and Tuscany guidebook for deciding what to do, which included walking on the ramparts/walls, which now are a park, visiting the public gardens, going to the Villa Guinigi, a family villa which now is a wonderful museum of Etruscan ruins and Vasari paintings, strolling down the main drag to the old Roman Ampitheatre piazza, going to the cathedral, touring the Palazzo Mansi (sumptuously decorated 17th century palace) and enjoying a leisurely lunch at a cozy osteria.

Some also stop in Pisa (where you have to switch trains anyway between Livorno and Lucca) , so you can stop there at the Field of Miracles (with the Leaning Tower). The suburban station (not the central station in Pisa) is the place to get off to be within a short walking distance of the Field.

Hope this helps.

I'm 95% sure that Rickey88 (Dick & Vivian) will be sailing with us, so you'll have lots of help on this one.

Just so you don't overlook it, J & S, I posted in the Roll Call that we are definitely confirmed as of earlier this morning.

Just so you don't overlook it, J & S, I posted in the Roll Call that we are definitely confirmed as of earlier this morning.

The Riviera Roll Call is going to be "Deja Vu, all over again". As near as I can tell, there are already 18 of us from the Inaugural Passage who booked today.

Archived