Just off Glory - Aft Wrap around balconies

stierney2

Hi all,

Just returned from 02/26/05 Glory cruise. I'm not going to give a complete review. However, did want to make some observations. I have traveled Glory before in August, 2003. Many improvements have been made since then. Our service was top notch (steward and wait staff) Most of the crew were friendly and spoke to you. The food was so much better. In the dining room, I did not have a bad meal. (Only desserts could have been better)

Now, for all of you who question if a wrap aft balcony is worth the extra money. YES!!! YES!!!!! YES!!!!

This was my first 9A cabin and the balcony blew me away. We were in 8455 on the Verandah deck. I also liked the cabin - even though it wasn't any bigger than the other balcony cabins. It is shaped differently. There are 2 big picture windows overlooking the balcony and the bed faces the windows and balcony. It made the cabin feel very light and airy.

Had a wonderful time on this cruise.

Sandy

I hope you enjoy your cruise and the stateroom. My wife and I have booked 8455 however we don't sail until Jan 2006. Let us know your thoughts on the room when you return.

John

I liked the Glory too, when did you sail in August? Was the Glory out in August of 2003? It did didn't it because it came out in July of 2003.

We sailed the Glory on July 19th, 2003 (Inaugural 7 day cruise) in an 8a. We sailed again in March 2004 and that time we sailed in a 9a (6483) - more open space in that room than an 8a - and a LARGE balcony. It is easy to get spoiled!

Tom

Archived