Need advice re Millennium

sailorgirl

We are cruisers who have sailed upscale ships like Crystal and Radisson and QM2 Grill class. We would like to try Celebrity and the Millennium transatlantic looks like a possibility for us since we love days at sea. I have been told that Millennium doesn't take rough seas too well. Is that so? I have heard mixed reviews regarding food. Any comments there? We are walkers. Where can one walk on that ship? Is there a partial promenade deck?Up top is so often too windy or even rainy. We would go with the Sky Suite and I don't believe that has computers for email. Is it easy to get an available computer somewhere for daily email? Is it possible to catch an evening shoo time if you have late seating? Would appreciate any comments or suggestions here. Thanks. Sailorgirl

Hi SailorGirl !

I was on Millennium not too long ago, and while it wasnt my best cruise experience with Celebrity, the ship itself was excellent.

I really thought she handles the sea very well. I have not heard many complaints about her being unstable. Keep in mind, that transatlantic crossings can enocounter some pretty rough seas.

As for food, I thought the dining room meals were outstanding ! On the other hand, the lunch buffet was so-so, mainly due to VERY overcooked meats. If you like your meats very well done, that wont be a problem for you.

As for walking, there are many nice places to walk throughout the ship, both indoor and outdoors.

As for the Sky Suite, I dont recall if it has a built in PC terminal. However, if you bring your own laptop, they can connect you (for a fee). Also, they do have a very nice internet cafe, that charges .75 cents per minute. That should be sufficient. I always use the internet cafe to stay in touch with work, and it always seems to work out fine.

You asked about a bathtub in the Sky Suite, and the answer is yes to that.

I would definately recommend Celebrity. I am sailing on her Sister ship, Summit, in 8 days.

I hope this answers all of your questions.

Regards,
Andy

Days Until Celebrity Summit 4/30/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;4;30;20;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400[/img]

Days Since Celebrity Millennium 11/30/03
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2003;11;30;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Hi SailorGirl !

You are most welcome !

If have have any other questions, let me know.

Regards,
Andy

Days Until Celebrity Summit 4/30/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;4;30;20;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400[/img]

Days Since Celebrity Millennium 11/30/03
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2003;11;30;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Hi sailorgirl,
I was just two weeks ago on the Millennium and certainly agree with most information provided by Andy. There is only one thing that I would like to add: the spa cafe...it is a small area by the spa and they serve so called 'healthy' meals.....very, very good. They use the same personnel for cooking as the specialty restaurant (excellent). We ate most of our breakfasts and lunches there.
Wes

Sailorgirl- We have sailed the QE2 and Milleninium transalantic. If you book a suite in a category CS or above you are in the group that is kind of equal to the the Princess or Brintinia class on QE2. The cabins on Celebrity are [B]far[/B] superior to those on QE2 in space and service, but there is a distinct difference in the ship. The QE2 is an oceanliner and the M-class are [I]cruiseships[/I] that make a crossing.

Sue
[EMAIL]SueClark[/EMAIL]

[B]Grand Princess - Western Caribbean[/B] - April 25, 2004
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;4;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

[B]Constellation Transatlantic 9/7/04[/B]

[B]Infinity Panama Canal 4/17/05[/B]

Andy
Hi neighbor!
Did you post a Millie review? Why wasn't it so great?
Sailing her again this Thanksgiving...

Suzanne
Oceanic '82
Oceanic '83
Century '01
Century '03
Millennium '03
Island Princess '04

I think there was one more question in there that wasn't answered. On Celebrity, they vary the performance times for the evening shows. Some nights, the show for the late diners is before dinner (starting around 7:00 pm) when dinner is at 8:30 pm. On other nights it is a post-dinner show, starting about 10:30 pm. On the night of the grand buffet, the show is always after dinner.
Les

I'm glad to know about the Spa Cafe. Thanks, Wes. And, Sue, interestingly enough, we did do a crossing on QE2 a few years ago but in Jan/Feb we did the Caribbean maiden voyage on QM2. That was a case of cruising on an oceanliner. I just wanted to stop hitting ports every five minutes and get out to sea! But when you take a two week ocean crossing, you really want to be sure there are enough activities, and some really good food and accommodations. And my husband hits the gym early every morning so it's important to know there is a good, large facility there as well. We are presently holding in option on a Sky Suite. Carole

Carole,

We are booked for the Millie transatlantic. The "M" Class ships have a good health club/gym facility. I worked out there most mornings when we were on the Constellation last May. In addition to the equipment (treadmills, elliptical machines, stationary bikes, weight machines) they offer spin classes and pilates.

If you decide to book, wanted to let you know there is a thread on Celebrity Connections Roll Call Board of those who will be on this cruise. I think it's titled "New Millenium Transatlantic."

Richard

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">
<param name="font" value="lcdb0">
<param name="year" value=2004>
<param name="month" value=11>
<param name="day" value=7>
<param name="hour" value=4>
</applet> 11/7/04 Millennium Transatlantic
Sun Princess 2000
Constellation 2003

I have also sailed on Radison, Windstar, the new Regatta and on Cunard QE2 both First and Transatlantic Class. I have saled on the Constellation (sister to Millenium) and we are sailing on the Millenium this Sunday Transatlantic.

She handles the sea better than any of the ships
you mentioned (don't know yet about the QM2). Her food in the dining room is equivalent to the Columbia Restaurant. Don't hesitate to ask for something thats not on the menue. Her exercise facilities are great if you are into that. There is also a jogging track that folks often walk around. Everyone, but the ships officers are friendly. The main difference is the officers on this ship versus the British Ships. One problem is their command, or lack thereof, of the English language. If you want a Sky Suite, hurry up, 12 months in advance and we couldn't get one!
Have fun on your trip, you won't be disappointed.

Bugeye

Saiorgirl, check out an on-going thread written by chesterhnh regarding his lengthy review/book about our recent Millennium cruise. He stayed in a Sky Suite (I believe and included picture links). He is a computer techie, so certainly could answer your questions. I utilized the internet cafe which was $2 to connect but as a CC Select member, I had a $10 coupon for internet use which was applied. We found the food in the dining room to be very good to good. We asked and received Shrimp cocktail every night as well as Escargot. You could always just get a Steak or chicken dish too. I still feel their buffet area is weak with little variety and not long enough hours of operation. On longer cruises, Celebrity will bring numerous lecturers on board; financial, sports, celebrities, etc. There are always personal care lectures, photography and computer classes were offered free as well as typical seminars, etc. Pick a cabin mid-ship and your motion feelings will be decreased in case of high seas. The gym is one of my favorites as is the dome covered Thalostherapy pool area. I too found the Aqua Spa Cafe food to be very good and interesting (free). Give the Olympic restaurant a try, especially if you are celebrating a special event.
Bon Voyage

Celebrity Millennium 2/22/04
Carnival Conquest 10/26/2003
Carnival Legend 4/11/2003
Carnival Pride 2/23/2002
Celebrity Galaxy 11/2001
Grand Princess 3/2001
Celebrity Millennium 9/9/2000
Sea Princess 2/22/1999
Vison of the Seas 10/28/1998
Rhapsody of the Seas 3/1998
Celebrity Century 3/1997
Celebrity Zenith 11/1996
Legend of the Seas 6/1995
Celebrity Horizon 4/1994

Wow, I am so impressed and pleased with all the helpful and informative messages as well as encouragement to try Celebrity for the first time. As I said, already holding space (Sky Suite Penthouse deck) on an option and I wanted to get a clearer picture as to whether this was right for us or not before I pay the down payment next week. One thing, Celebrity said they have no more airline space out of FLL so we must get our own. Maybe we can waitlist for now. Maybe going a day earlier might not be a bad idea since Barcelona is a pretty long haul.

Archived