June 3 Royal Caribbean Greek Isles, Shore Excusion suggestions??

krysti0423

I currently have been reading a travel book for our upcoming Greek Islands cruise that leaves Venice on June 3. It seems like a lot of the land/shore excusions are better to do on your own rather than book through the cruise. Can anyone suggest places to not be missed and places not worth seeing?

Are there tour companies that we can book with before we go that are local and not through Royal Caribbean direct? I don't want to do all of the commercial tours. I would like to see the typical tourist spots but not spend too much time there. For example, I have read about some different beaches in my book other than those offered through the cruise line. Is it easy to just get a taxi to these locations? What is the typical taxi fare? Any suggestions would be great :)

You don't mention which ports you are in, and that would make it hard to recommend things to do or not do. So my first suggestion would be to read down this board for threads on the ports you will be visiting.

Also, as to arranging private tours, going to the Roll Call for your cruise may help you with private tour arrangements. I am not sure which ship you are on, so can't provide you with a link to your Roll Call. But a Roll Call is where you meet people on your cruise.

Archived