How late can you leave it to book excursions?

Jo and Rob

We are considering a trip to Honfleur but it is the day after embarkation and we don't want to pre-book if the weather is going to be rainy. So my question is, can we book the trip the night we board for the next day?

many thanks

Jo

My wife booked an excursion on a P&O cruise last year just the day before (Valdemossa, Mallorca). So late booking is possible. It's all going to depend on capacity, existing bookings, etc.

We too booked our trip to Sorrento the day before having not wanted to book in advance for similar reasons. However this was mid way into the cruise and I have a feeling that the Excursion Desk closed to next day bookings quite early. Also they did put out lists of excursions which still had places as some were fully booked.

So after all that I suppose I have to say I do not know the answer to your particular problem. Sorry.:(

Very often there is someone available at the tours desk for an hour in the mornings of excursions and, if there are spaces left on any particular excursion, they can sell you tickets.

If this is the case then they will advertise this in the Horizon News which will be delivered to your cabin the night before.

Alternatively, look for their opening times on embarkation day, and see whether these is still availability on the excursion you are interested in and find out whether there will be someone available in the morning if you want to check availability again and make a final decision.

Feebee_71

On Ventura it was possible to book some excursions at least up to the day before as we used to look at the port of call for the next day on the cabin TV. It would often say that it was still possible to book.

I think you are on Oceana and don't have the interactive TVs (?) but the point is they were still available to book up to the day before in some cases. My guess is they will lay on extra availability if possible and there are enough takers.

Archived