Liberty of the Seas

Hello All,

Finally after a long break, we are planning our next cruise and looking in to the Mediterranean Cruise later this year. We have to choose between Epic and Liberty of the Seas.

We have sailed NCL three times so far, and haven't had any thing to complain about. If anything, we love the freestyle concept.

This would have been a no brainer, but Liberty of the Seas has a slightly better itinerary then EPIC. Liberty of the Seas also seem to have more things to do on board then EPIC, and is a bit smaller. We are a bit confused on which ship to take. I understand that there are plenty of restaurants on Liberty of the Seas that we don't have to dress up for.

Now for my biggest reason here, my wife wants to stick with NCL (because of the freestyle) but I would like to try something new and Liberty of the Seas looks like a great ship. How can I sell Liberty of the Seas to my wife.

Thanks in advance for your help.

RCI now has "My Time Dining", so if you book that, you can decide when you want to eat. Of course, the shows are scheduled around the traditional dining times, but as with anything in life, you have to have some plans!

RCI does still have "formal nights" and doesn't really welcome shorts in the dining room at dinner on any night, but that shouldn't be too hard....for your wife, capris are fine on casual nights.

If you don't want to do the formal evenings, you can dine in a specialty restaurant, or the buffet.

Liberty IS a great ship!

This would have been a no brainer, but Liberty of the Seas has a slightly better itinerary then EPIC. Liberty of the Seas also seem to have more things to do on board then EPIC, and is a bit smaller. We are a bit confused on which ship to take. I understand that there are plenty of restaurants on Liberty of the Seas that we don't have to dress up for.

Liberty is actually a wee bit bigger than NCL Epic (154407 GRT vs 153000 GRT) and carries less people than the Epic (3600 vs 4228).

On the other hand, Epic is newer than Liberty and the shows are supposed to be top-notch. However, reviews say that lines on Epic to see the shows can be quite bad.

I personally would choose Liberty but that's mainly because I love the Royal Promenade and the Flowrider. :D

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your response. I am sold on Liberty of the Seas, I hope I can convince my wife also.

I know this will sound stupid, but if you do not eat at the main dining room, you don't have to dress up to eat at the specialty restaurants (naturally no jeans, and shorts, and t-shirts, and flip flops)? Can we make a reservation for any time available at the specialty restaurants or do we dine there at the allotted time as the main dining room?

How is the initial check in different then from NCL check in?

Anything else that is different on the two cruise lines?

Thank you again.

Archived