Need opinions please!!!

fitbix

We are looking to book a cruise for this summer and can't decide whether to go on mariner out of Rome or liberty out of Barcelona. Airfare is pretty much comparable for both. I know liberty came out of dry dock recently and has some updates. Also we will be on the allure in a few weeks, should I just wait and book onboard? Thanks for any help!!!!!

We are looking to book a cruise for this summer and can't decide whether to go on mariner out of Rome or liberty out of Barcelona. Airfare is pretty much comparable for both. I know liberty came out of dry dock recently and has some updates. Also we will be on the allure in a few weeks, should I just wait and book onboard? Thanks for any help!!!!!

Can't help with the itinerary decision, but regarding waiting to book onboard, I'd book now because prices can go up, and you can easily lose more than the on board credit will get you. If when you get on board the prices have not gone up, then cancel and rebook. I don't know about pricing trends on your itinerary, but I've been watching some March 2012 southern carib itineraries for some friends. They wanted to wait until they are on board in a few weeks to book. Their price has gone up $200 per person while they have been waiting. They will get their $100 OBC for waiting, but the net result is that they will be out $300 (if prices don't go down) because they waited.

If you have the option of sailing out of Rome or Barcelona, you might want to avoid Barcelona due to impending strikes. A friend of mine is scheduled to sail out of BCN this spring, and has been gathering information: The 22 strike days will span the entire spring/summer season. We are due to sail out of BCN in late October, and hope that all of this will be resolved by that time. Hope this helps.

Visitors to Spain and its islands face more pain - taxi drivers and bar owners have joined airport workers in announcing strikes.

Some 12,000 ground staff are still threatening 22 days of strikes from Easter until the end of the northern summer and now taxi drivers in the Canary Islands and bar and restaurant owners also have threatened action.

Hopes that the airport workers' strike could be averted were dashed on Thursday after negotiations failed. Irish budget carrier Ryanair now wants the European Commission to step in and prevent the airport workers' strike, due to start late April.

Archived