Birthday's when on a cruise.

Scorpio41

What happens if you have a birthday while on board a cruise?

Normally I let birthdays slip by without a fuss but as we are on a cruise for this birthday OH said why not let it be known and enjoy the 'Happy Birthday' singing.

I'm not sure it's me so would you tell or keep it to yourself? :confused:

*I have posted this on the P&O forum too.*

We have cruised twice over my Birthday and I have definately kept my head down......tend to book a speciality restaurant as a treat. Have seen plenty of 'Happy Birthday' celebrations in the MDR with staff joining in but it isnt for me. Not sure if people pay for the cake.

We were on Ventura last month and it was the missus birthday. Asked the steward on the quiet if he could get some balloons for our cabin. He said they were given a list of who had a birthday and put balloons in their cabin automatically. So he was going to do it anyway.

We sloped off to the White room for the birthday treat anyway, but the following night we still had the rendition of happy birthday from the waiters anyway lol Plus some more balloons..

It's all harmless fun. You get balloons, a card and chocolates from the Captain and a cake in the MDR (if you pay for it).

We always buy champagne for the table, or invite people in for a glass, so our table companions can celebrate with us.

Celebrated my birthday onboard Artemis just before Christmas......

Balloons on cabin door before breakfast and birthday card from Captain left when cabin made up in the morning happened automatically. No chocolates delivered.

Cake ordered by parents at reception a couple of days in advance and delivered to dining table after main course and before dessert along with singing waiters and balloons above the table.

If birthday is embarkation day then birthday cakes are not available onboard - this is the case for me this year (a relatively big birthday as well) so I think a trip to M&S in West Quay in the morning before heading to the docks will be in order. As am travelling alone, but have friends onboard, it will more than likely come out sometime other than at dinner.

Feebee_71

Archived