Unfortunate Christchurch and the rugby cruises

Just heard the news about the relocation of the rugby world cup games away from Christchurch.

This is another terrible blow for the people down there.

Will this affect any of the rugby cruises that are planned? and will the extra accommodation in Auckland that will be required for the quarter finals now be met with cruise ships in the harbour there.

I wonder...

Paul

We're booked on Pacific Dawn for two nights from Auckland to Christchurch so hope to hear soon whether we'll be on board for two nights in port, whether Brisbane to Auckland leg will depart later, and/or if our sector is cancelled. Fortunately we haven't yet booked flights! The perfect outcome for us would be if Pacific Dawn sailed to Dunedin instead - our home town!

When is the Rugby World Cup?

Hello mate, the world cup runs from the 9th of September to the final on the 23rd of October.

The weekend of the 8th of October is when the accommodation problem will reach it's peak. It is because all of the quatrter finals are now being held in Auckland. It is then that the cruise ships might be needed if available.

Go Aussies! and if they don't win it, come on England!

Paul

When is the Rugby World Cup?

Hi, I didn't notice, you are from the USA. You are most welcome on this forum.

The USA are in Australia's pool group.

You can check here:

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/fixtures/poolstage.html

for your fixtures, I hope you come down.

I am checking the options for our little group now.

RCI have the Rhapsody cruising NZ

All the best, Paul

PS

We are on the Epic out of Miami next year, what's it like??

Hello mate, the world cup runs from the 9th of September to the final on the 23rd of October.

The weekend of the 8th of October is when the accommodation problem will reach it's peak. It is because all of the quatrter finals are now being held in Auckland. It is then that the cruise ships might be needed if available.

Go Aussies! and if they don't win it, come on England!

Paul

Oh Paul....NOOOOOOOO! Not England...you trying to break my heart again.

I have been watching the 6 nations tournament and England now actually throw the ball to each other in an entertaining manner.

They seem to have given up the cross country wresting then giving it to Johnny style which won them the world cup in 2003.

I think they will win the world cup with their new style of play.

Paul

(Did I sound confident??)

PS

I think there are a few decisions being made today so we shall see where all the pool games are being held.

It would be great if they relocate them to Sydney because at least one P&O ship will be in dry dock being repaired then and maybe they can use it as a hotel while they fix the engine or the stabilizers or the plumbing or give it a coat of white paint (the paint usually does the trick for them)

It would be great if they relocate them to Sydney because at least one P&O ship will be in dry dock being repaired then and maybe they can use it as a hotel while they fix the engine or the stabilizers or the plumbing or give it a coat of white paint (the paint usually does the trick for them)

Oh funny Sludger, my old mate, honestly, you just can't help you self can you?:rolleyes: I have read your thread about 'a bit of baiting going on', perhaps you should take your own advice.

Jenny

• 1 month later...

Just received two emails from P&O Australia. They have changed the itinerary for W135N. Pacific Dawn will depart Brisbane on the 1st of October, and the cruise will disembark in Auckland on the 5th of October. The Auckland to Christchurch leg has been cancelled. They are offering either a revised fare, transfer to another cruise or full refund to those booked Brisbane to Christchurch, a full refund for those booked Auckland to Christchurch, and offering assistance with changes/cancellations to flights.

Will just have to find another cruise now - half the fun is the planning :)!

Archived