Rock Climbing Wall

Does anyone know if Allure provides rock climbing wall shoes? for rent maybe? At my gym they have a small wall and I can hardly get up halfway. My trainer tells me to strengthen my forearms and check out REI for these shoes.

They have provided you with them on previous cruises I have taken, I assume the same will be true for Allure.

You must also have socks to go on zipline. Zipline will provide shoes; but not socks; also if u do the zipline; before you go leave all your belongings in your stateroom. You can't wear anything that will fall off, including watches, bracelets, necklace, glasses; etc.

You must also have socks to go on zipline. Zipline will provide shoes; but not socks; also if u do the zipline; before you go leave all your belongings in your stateroom. You can't wear anything that will fall off, including watches, bracelets, necklace, glasses; etc.

OMGosh.. that may be pushing it.. My screams of terror might be heard all the way back to Florida. But I'm proud to say I've lost 52 lbs! yay! and I would have never tried any of these activities when I was heavy.

You're harnessed well in Zipline right? I may have to close my eyes... lol.. I'd still get to the other side right? Is zipline at an angle, so gravity gets you to the other end?

Zipline is hands free...you don't even have to hold on! and it takes 8 seconds.

What do you mean you don't have to hold on??? a soft seat and straps securing you to the line?

lordy.. I think I'll pass.. does ice skating have a fee? I've never ice skated before.. worth a try.. thanks for the info btw

OMGosh.. that may be pushing it.. My screams of terror might be heard all the way back to Florida. But I'm proud to say I've lost 52 lbs! yay! and I would have never tried any of these activities when I was heavy.

You're harnessed well in Zipline right? I may have to close my eyes... lol.. I'd still get to the other side right? Is zipline at an angle, so gravity gets you to the other end?

You are put in a harness on the zipline. It takes more time to get you locked into the harness; then it does to actually go across. You actually sit down into the harness; although you hold onto a bar; you are supported by the seat harness; the zipline does go across at an angle. and it takes about 8 seconds.

You are put in a harness on the zipline. It takes more time to get you locked into the harness; then it does to actually go across. You actually sit down into the harness; although you hold onto a bar; you are supported by the seat harness; the zipline does go across at an angle. and it takes about 8 seconds.

here are a few pics of the zipline; one pic is my wife and the other is my best friend

1929209618_100_1999(640x480).jpg.bff5872444cab2abc6103c5e43b37b68.jpg

1713047367_100_2006(640x480).jpg.2dcd116f5c489472d50ec8d703b2af9a.jpg

If you do the zipline make sure you keep your legs up; when u get to landing zone you sort of just start walking and this slows you down; they have a staff member who helps to slow u down; in case u forget to put your feet down.

To answer your question about ice skating - there is not a fee, but you need to wear long pants as well as socks to be able to skate. They have a good assortment of sizes of skates, kids as well as adults. The rink is small, but I think that's a good thing. It doesn't take too long to get around it.

Jan

To answer your question about ice skating - there is not a fee, but you need to wear long pants as well as socks to be able to skate. They have a good assortment of sizes of skates, kids as well as adults. The rink is small, but I think that's a good thing. It doesn't take too long to get around it.

Jan

Thank you for the info. I'm looking forward to ice skating. There's so much to do on the ship.. I don't think a week is enough to do all and see all.

Archived